PDA

View Full Version : How Much is it Worth?

buda
02-10-2003, 03:28 PM
I just finished a series of jobs for a client that does syndicated television programs. These were my first ever paid TV gigs, and I want to calibrate what the real market is out there, compared to what I charged. I figure that it will help me in the future, and also it may help out a bunch of you calibrating your jobs.

Here's the deal: I have 6 separate jobs posted on a web page. What I want to know is...

How much would you charge for each particular job, and how long do you think it would take?

Once I get about 20 legitimate responses, I'll drop the bomb - How much I actually charged, and the gory details if anyone needs proof. Don't bother with the music section if you don't regularly deal with making music for the animations.

I am interested in responses from freelancers like myself, and also bigger companies. If you want to criticize the work, feel free. Just remember for all these jobs I was just one guy working with deadlines, and like I said, it was my first batch of tv jobs. So you know...

Okay: So don't be nice, be honest...

http://www.deadlysystems.com/animjobs.htm

-Joel
(bracing myself for...???)
[

Skonk
02-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Try not to post the same question multiple times in different topics plz :)

James..

buda
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Well, the other one was in the General Newtek Discussion, which I actually thought was the Lightwave General Discussion. So, then I posted it to the "Community". Which is where the thread belongs. Well, unless there was a General Discussion.. Hey, it's a new board, sorry if it seemed out of line!
-Joel

Skonk
02-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Its not a problem :) was only a suggestion. I think u can actually remove posts completely if u find youv made a mistake, posted in the wrong place or what ever, not tried it yet but i think u can.

Id posted in your other topic before i saw this one thats all.

James..

buda
02-13-2003, 01:24 PM
So far I've gotten 10 replies from the various mailing lists, so just 10 more to go... c'mon people, don't be shy...