PDA

View Full Version : Newtek communication?

badllarma
03-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Freebie
Firstly I'd like to thank Newtek for this you did not have to do it but it's a very nice present :) (Of course I've not got mine yet as I'm in Europe)

The problem is at present the communication between Newtek US and Europe is complete bobbins in fact, I'm getting more info from my reseller (Onevideo doing a great job people BTW) than Newtek Europe My concern is if you cannot sort out the release of a freebie (a very welcome one BTW ) between you two area offices. I just hope you can tell everyone when Lightwave 8 is released at THE SAME TIME!

All I can say thank god Lightwave 8 is no longer a electronic download please sort this out imagine the trouble you will get if this freebie was Lightwave 8 eek!
So I hope lessons have been learned here and at least you will have everyones details who ordered Lightwave 8 serials etc ready for the big release.

Lets hope CD's are ready for posting across the globe when the time comes and everyone get there order within a day (allowing for a days time difference) as Lightwave 8 is released.

One last thing please don't release Lightwave 8 on a bloody Friday :rolleyes:

Exper
03-08-2004, 10:45 AM
NT Europe is still to "The LightWave [8] free upgrade will be available as a download" on their "LightWave 3D [8] PRE-LAUNCH UPGRADE DFX+ SPECIAL!".

Update it... guys! :rolleyes:

Bye.

T-Light
03-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah,

I was hoping for an email today.

Having everyones license information aside, I would have thought this could have been a straight forward mailer. An online form at Newtek-Europe including the CGI backend really could have been sorted out last week (or at the latest this morning)

B*mmer :(

phil lawson
03-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I understand they are busy...but I've emailed and havent got a response about a registration problem from almost two weeks ago.
So I wonder if any of you guys could help?

I bought Lightwave [7] DUO around a year ago give or take. I bought the Lightwave [7.5] with DFX+ and free upgrade to 8 there in Feb. I register the new serial with Newtek Europe and get an email back :-

Thank you for registering your LightWave software at NewTek Europe.

You are now the registered user of 'LightWave 7 Duo' serial #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc.

The serial number is my new dfx+ number alright, but it doesnt state anywhere about it being 7.5 bundle, only the lightwave 7 duo.Plus get my old hardware lock back. Is this normal? Sorry for post here..but I'm sorrta wondering if i'll get it all this cool stuff now.

Cheers.

Exper
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
phil lawson...
I received the same email back from NT Europe!

Some lucky guys has already received the gift-email from NT Europe... now I'm statring to hold my breath! ;)

Bye.

badllarma
03-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi Phil I think that is normal the point .5 upgrade was a free upgrade for 7.0 users so although your licence is for 7.0 duo dongle it acutaly covers you for 7.5 and now you have upgraded 8.0 as well.

Here was mine

Dear User,

Thank you for registering your LightWave software at NewTek Europe.

You are now the registered user of LightWave 7.0 Duo serial # **************

Here is your Intel Permanent License Key for this LightWave software (Lock
ID *********:

When I recieved my Lightwave 8 DFX bundle all I did was email them with here is the serial number I recieved with my DFX bundle of the copy of Lightwave 7.5 in the box.

The just emailed me back saying thanks for the email that serial number has now been registered to yourself. Sorry do not have the orginal email for that one but I was worried I'd have to install the new copy of lightwave that came in the box but you don't have to just keep using the orginal copy so long as you give them the serial I was told it would be ok :)

phil lawson
03-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Cool! Thanks for the quick replys guys. Good to see I'm not alone :)

Just have to play the waiting game now... lol

Original1
03-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Phil,

I'm glad you posted that I thought I was being Stupid when I got that responce, upon registering a DFX+ update.

Newtek Europe has a very small staff, so I would be suprised if they have time to do much between now and the release.

phil lawson
03-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Glad the post helped a few...thought I was gonna get laughed outta the fourm for it :D

I think I wouldnt have noticed only that you do select 7.5 from the drop down menu upon registering...oh well, one of lifes little hic ups. :)

mkiii
03-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Zoink! Off he goes ;)

PS I'm waiting too. Fortunately, I upgraded a copy of 6.5 - so I got a full 7.5 box thank G.

phil lawson
03-08-2004, 12:37 PM
lol :)

T-Light
03-08-2004, 12:53 PM
OK,

Many apologies to Newtek Europe for my above post. Thought everyone would have gone home by the time I wrote it, leaving the freeby for us Euro's till a later date.

Apparently not. I've just checked my email again and there it is - recieved at three minutes to seven.

The freeby is mine :cool:

Teach me to go off half cocked.
Sorry and Thankyou.

Original1
03-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Somebody must be working overtime at Newtek Europe.
They got to the U's as in UK at 19.33 this evening.

Well done guys and thanks for the Freebie.:D

I know for example, the Europeans were behind by about 2 weeks on the release of VT3 something to do with manual translations, so now I am praying you handle the LW8 release with the same efficency.

Sorry Audrey and Jacques, its a hard life being in marketing nd tech support ;)

cresshead
03-08-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah go mine at 19:49....

keep holding ya breath!....not too long though eh????;)

mkiii
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Yup got mine too - Thanks guys - It's a nice little tool.
(I could slip in a double entendre here, but I'm too tired)

Qexit
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Got mine through at 19.51, so they must be working very late at the Newtek Europe office today since they're an hour ahead of the UK.

Getting the full authorisation code fas pretty much instantaneous through the provided link. So now all I need to do is work out what UV maps are so I can use the thing :D

mkiii
03-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Kevin. You know full well that a UV map is the method LW uses to guide you to the location of your XY.

badllarma
03-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Well got mine this morning I though after 5pm UK time had come and gone that was it for another day :D
Still stand by what I'd said in the orginal post if this had been the Lightwave 8 release there would have been blood on the streets so to speak. Let's hope things run much better on the 22nd or whenever the release date for 8 is.

toby
03-09-2004, 12:50 AM
obligatory non-uk post :D

badllarma
03-09-2004, 12:56 AM
:D

js33
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by badllarma
Well got mine this morning I though after 5pm UK time had come and gone that was it for another day :D
Still stand by what I'd said in the orginal post if this had been the Lightwave 8 release there would have been blood on the streets so to speak. Let's hope things run much better on the 22nd or whenever the release date for 8 is.

Another Non UK post. :D
Yeah my order appears to have fallen through the cracks. I probably ordered so early they forgot who I was. :D

I never got the email for the UVEdit plugin and I'm more concerned that I'm ready for 8.

I guess I need to call to see if NT knows who I am.
Only been a customer for 10 years. :D

Cheers,
JS

Exper
03-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Nothing here (in Italy)!

Just guessing if I'll ever see an email from them after the upgrade registration one! ;)

Bye.

Matt
03-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Give it time, Ben and the guys do a great job over there, I'm sure they're aware and will have something in the pipeline soon!

:)

Exper
03-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Matt... you're right... patiently waiting! :p

Exper
03-09-2004, 08:57 AM
:D Got mine at 16.39 :D

Happy man... I am! ;)

evilemil
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
a lot of people are moaning about newtek europe....
i can not understand this.

i called them yesterday morning from germany, talked to their customer service (very nice people) and asked for the upgrade procedure (heard about this on cgtalk and here)
they told me to register my 7.5 license in order to get my upgrade for LW8 when it is ready to ship.

yesterday evening, i got my confirmation, that i upgraded and tonight i got my uveditpro serial number.

pretty fast and without any hassle.

btw. i think newtek europe improved their customer service a lot (german emails, good customer emails).
thanks NT-Europe.

Michael

badllarma
03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by evilemil
Michael

My orginal post WAS NOT having ago at Newtek Europe I was having ago at Newtek for poor communication between Newtek US and Newtek Europe something I have pointed out before BTW.

I have only had to deal with Newtek Europe on licening issues only and have no problems with them at all BUT I would really like to see when one says one thing, the other knows what is coming and so do the resellers so like the other week they suddenly don't get shed loads of emails from us lot saying where is mine or what the hell is happening.

And all the users get is .................................. because they do not have a clue about what we are talking about. :rolleyes:

Original1
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM

i called them yesterday morning from germany, talked to their customer service (very nice people) and asked for the upgrade procedure (heard about this on cgtalk and here)
they told me to register my 7.5 license in order to get my upgrade for LW8 when it is ready to ship.

yesterday evening, i got my confirmation, that i upgraded and tonight i got my uveditpro serial number.

pretty fast and without any hassle.

btw. i think newtek europe improved their customer service a lot (german emails, good customer emails).
thanks NT-Europe.

Michael

I have always found Newtek-Europe too be very efficent,which considering they are a small office is good going.

sire
03-09-2004, 11:50 AM

"german emails" - hmmm yeah, kind of... ;)

Wenn Sie die benötigten Dateien downgeloaded haben, ziehen Sie die UVEditPro.p Datei von der
Plugin Akte im Archiv in die Modelldatei Ihres Plug-in Verzeichnisses für LightWave.

Hehe... "Plugin Akte"... Obviously not written by a native speaker. Just as the german manuals. Ahh, whatever, meticulous me... :) At least they take the effort of translating for the bunch of german 3D freaks not understanding english well.

evilemil
03-10-2004, 04:33 AM
badllarma: sorry for not following your point in the first run.
I also think that there is a major miscommunication between NT, NT-Europe and for example D-Storm. One of the three announce something and the others do not know about. strange...
let's call it the "newtek way".

Sire: lol....
you picked some of the lines, that were really bad translated.
NT-Europe tries to do something for their german customers and this is appreciated. at least i appreciate it.
I actually like to get german emails, especially from english companies. This shows, that NT_europe cares.

Let's see how things turn out after march 22.

BeeVee
03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi all,

I've posted an explanation for anyone registered in Europe that hasn't received an email to date, in the Present from NewTek? thread:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=146459#post146459

B
PS. Sorry about the German, but you should be glad that they don't get me to do it - it wouldn't be something to laugh at occasionally, but something unreadable! :) Edith, who did write it, is actually German...