PDA

View Full Version : A fighter Robot!

itos
03-07-2004, 11:15 PM
this is my model for a fighter robot, i dont have it completely donde yet and i stiil dont have skelegons and ik yet. but tell me hoy it looks like the texture and reflections, thanks

mgreenway
03-08-2004, 01:27 AM
His face looks very mean.
I think the gold should be at least as shiny as the rest of him.
Maybe his shoulders could be stronger.

show us some more.
keep up the good work.

sunshine

itos
03-08-2004, 03:44 PM
thanks for writing and i agree with you the gold part has to be more shiny and also i want to look the robot stronger so i will add more details soon. and a weapon also, is like a lance that transforms in a weapon like the grenreaper. thaks again here is the complete body

mgreenway
03-09-2004, 12:13 AM
The proportions look good. Could you make the next one a little bigger so we can see it better? we'll be watching for more.

Have fun
Sunshine

itos
03-09-2004, 10:13 PM
here is a bigger one,

1 hour and 30 min to render ... im reading some tutorials to decrease the time when rendering in HDRI thanks for your posts!

itos
03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
i have read a tutorial of how to decrease the HDRI rendering time. Firsto of all the radiosity type have to be interpolated, increase to 0.2 the tolerance, rays per evalution 5*15 or higher, shading noise on, and the most important setting minimum evaluation spacing to 150 mm or depending on the size of the model for my robot i set it to 10 meters, try different values and when it is faster and the results look good kep that value.

also turn on motion blur (antialiasing low minimun)( this is to recalculate the radiosity effect and give a more clean image)

with this my render of the first image took only 3 minutes to render with medium aa. instead of the 30 minutes render time that was with monte carlo radiosiy. thanks to Chris Brizon for the tutorial. well that is 10 times faster rendering times and the same quality! :)

mgreenway
03-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Hey, what about a side view?
The sholder still bother me..Sorry!
fun isn't it?

itos
03-13-2004, 03:50 PM
here are more views, i think that the back is very poor, i want to add like a jetpack because he was intended to fly from the beginning, and some more details to the entire robot, thanks to you i have realized those errors in the model, well here are the things that i wil add or change:
a jetpack in the back, more detail to the face texture, more detail to the whole textures to add realism, the weapons of the robot, the shoulders should be bigger or stronger somehow, the head is is clean and i like it so i will not touch that, the gold texture still dont satisfies me, the legs need more detail specially the foots, all the IK settings and bones,and well thats it if you think of anything tell me, thnaks again for your posts is always good that someone to critic your job thanks, for now im working in another project so this robot will in stand by for some time, when i have more time i will add all those details and make a new post with an image of the robot in a pose or fighting, flying or something like that. maybe i will make a animation because now i know how to render this robot quickly and with the same quality, and i hope to get Fprime sooon enough it looks pretty cool right now!

itos
03-13-2004, 04:01 PM
now that i see from all sides , i think ist too square the whole robot, its need more detail

itos
03-13-2004, 11:22 PM
here is the top view