PDA

View Full Version : Floorscene.

Tiger
03-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Hello everyone!

Here is what you can do using Pshelf. Even a fool like me can do nice stuff with it. I used: Antialiasing;Enhanced low.Radio; 4*12 backdrop only using a HDRI-image and Caustics on. Rendertime? Only 1hr, 5min, and 42 sec. and that is only 3942,6 sec. So check it out at:
www.the-worms-of-art.com

Tiger.

riki
03-07-2004, 11:09 PM
It looks good, but just becareful not to let the specularity get out of control. At the moment everything looks too glossy. How many lights do you have, that are effecting specularity? Maybe turn that off for some of them.

Tiger
03-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks Riki! I used the HDRI-image as lightsource and left it on 35%. There is one more light-1 Area light shining only with 3%.
The overglossything came (I think) because I put up the reflection of the floor to 20%, and that was a little bit high as we can see now. Maybe I should use "Backdrop only" alone with no other light in the scene. Or just a 5% ambient light on to make up for the diffuse bounces skipped in the indirect lighting calcultion. That is very useful when using radiosity on (I read). Anyway...I have another scene in mind now-with Diamonds. I will start now....and I will be careful with specularity :cool: