PDA

View Full Version : question about the dfx pakage with lw

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 02:00 AM
ok so i got it and installed it now do i register it with eyeon or what? i am wondering cause of their site it says to use the lightwave key or somthing. thnx

bloontz
03-07-2004, 07:01 AM
It's keyed off your lightwave dongle, unless you contact them before registering and request a seperate dongle (which you will need to pay for).

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 10:51 AM
ok so i need to wait for the email from newtek to give me the key. ok

bloontz
03-07-2004, 11:43 AM
No, you should be able to register now. You need your CDKey which should be on the box or inside cover of the manual, and you need your LW dongle #, which I think should be presented to you when you try to run DFX the first time.

Here's from the FAQ on eyeons website-

Where can I find the required information for registration?

When registering a new copy of Digital Fusion or DFX+ you will need two key pieces of information (in addition to personal contact info) during the registration process.

The CDKey can be found either on the underside of the software box, or on this inside cover of the manual. Two copies of this CDKey are shipped with every product. The CDKey itself will be 7 characters long.

The Serial Number is the number that has been encoded to the Hardware Dongle itself. (It does not appear on the dongle label.) Before registering for the first time you will need to install the DF or DFX+ software, attach the dongle to your systems parallel port and then start the program. It will launch but then provide a warning saying no valid license could be located. It will then provide you with the Serial Number that is encoded to the dongle in a window. It should be 8 characters in length.

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 12:14 PM
so i dont need to wait for the key to unlock lightwave out of the eval period to take dfx out of the 30 day license period?

bloontz
03-07-2004, 01:27 PM
As long as you have the hardware dongle you should be good to go. Plug the dongle in, fire up DFX and see what happens. It should give you the dongle ID that you need to register. The dongle has its own hardware ID.

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 01:32 PM
so i do register the dfx with eyeon then?

when i load dfx i dont see a dongle id i get a lightwave serial thing.

phil lawson
03-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi there...from what I remember...

You get a lightwave /DFX+ serial on your dfx+ box along with a cdkey. When you start DFX+, you get another number.

You register all this information with eyeon who, in return send you the serial file.

Hope this is of some help, I'm on headache tablets with this cold and I dont seem to make sense to anyone at home. :)

Cheers.

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
man why does this seem al confusing. lol ok i will try to register all this stuff hehe

bloontz
03-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Okay, I just installed DFX on a different box to refresh my memory. When I launch DFX I get a dialog saying DFX can't find a valid license. It contains a serial number in a box - Lightwave:0000XXXX. That should be the number that you need to register. Here's the registration page at eyeon-

http://vixen.eyeonline.com/dfadmin/

GeorgeDittmar
03-07-2004, 06:29 PM
ok i now know what to do. i just got confused because of what eyeon said on their site about the dongle thing