PDA

View Full Version : Using Animations on Several Skeletons

A.Russell
03-07-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm having trouble getting an animation I made for one set of bones onto a new set of bones I've made. I tried saving the motion file and loading it into the new scene, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me how this is done?

prospector
03-07-2004, 01:06 AM
I find it easier to just save each individual file from the graph editor, then loading that onto the same place for a new figure.

Like save Rotation X then Rotation Z
then load them seperatly.

A.Russell
03-07-2004, 09:02 AM
That'd be a lot of work. Is that the only way?

Dodgy
03-07-2004, 10:21 AM
The bones should be called the same names. You'll also need to set up the character the same (have the same channels in it). Motion mixer will copy the motion by bone/channel names.

Axis3d
03-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Are your two characters the same size? If so, just call up the scene with the animated character, then Replace Object with the new character. Then save your scene as a different one.

A.Russell
03-07-2004, 07:24 PM
The reason I'm trying to do this is because I've got a model, and after animating it I've discovered that I'm not happy with the rigging. So now I want to keep the animation, but make changes to the skeleton. There only seems to be a few things you can do to change a skeleton in Layout (and even those few things are very difficult), so I've made the changes to the skelegons in Modeler. Of course, now I have the problem of how to move the animation over to the new skeleton.