PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Support?? Install Problem!

compnstuff
03-06-2004, 03:58 PM
My instructor has given us educational copies (?) of LW 7 to install at home to complete our projects. The installation went okay but LW won't open up. If I leave and let it sit for 5 minutes or so I start to get pieces up but it never completes. I've got an HP with an AMD 2200XP and a GeForce 2MX card installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aegis
03-06-2004, 04:11 PM
I assume you mean the "Discovery Edition" - you'll need to install the Sentinel drivers from www.rainbow.com to get it to work even though you don't need a hardware key.

Damn! There goes my 666 posts :mad:

mkiii
03-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Hmm are they proper full educational copies with a dongle & a manual, or ''special'' editions? The Discovery edition is pretty limited, and you can only save very low poly objects.

The spec of your machine looks ok, apart from the HP part - they can be a tiny bit iffy from what I've heard, especially if you got one from Dixons or PC World in the UK.

Make sure you have decent up-to date graphics drivers - it is possible that this is one of your problems.

mattclary
03-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mkiii
''special'' editions?

LOL!

BeeVee
03-07-2004, 03:48 AM
If you are using a firewall you may have been worried by the fact that LightWave seems to want to connect to the internet and so stopped it from doing so. LightWave NEVER connects to the internet, but the fact that it is using TCP/IP to communicate between the Modeler, Layout and the Hub means that it causes firewalls to get panicky. Go back into your firewall and allow LightWave to have full access and also act as a server.

B

lw_werewolf
03-08-2004, 06:20 PM
lw sometimes have problems with some graphics card
check if you can start it with graphics acceleration disable, go to video property, problem resolution, hardware acceleration put on 0%

if again lw not start, try to delete file cfg builded from lw, usually it create all files in temp forlder of user.