PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Commands like 'Fit All' in modeler

Steve Reeves
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

Bit of an Lscript newbie I'm afriad but I decided to have a go at it as I wanted to create a very simple function. It's more of a macro really that I would normally simply record if I was in Word or Excel.

What I would like to do is to create a Lscript that will (once linked to the correct key) make the viewport under the mouse cursor fullscreen (like a Numpad 1 keypess) and then apply a 'Fit All' command (as in an 'a' keypress).

The idea is that every time I make a viewport full screen it automatically fits the contents to the viewport. A simple idea presumably!

I have gone through the Intro and Reference material from Newtek but have not been able to find the function that relates to these items. Do they exist? Or is it a case that Lscript (modeler) is dedicated to geometry and surface creation and manipulation?

Appreciate any pointers.

Many thanks

#lwrs_web
03-12-2004, 11:35 AM
You could call an external program that sends back synthesized keystrokes to Modeler.

Steve Reeves
03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion - I will have a look at this.

I must admit that ther isn't a way in LW (LScript or otherwise) t do this - but I guess there isn't much call for it!

Thanks for replying.