PDA

View Full Version : LW on-line SCHOOLS????

daniell4711
03-06-2004, 10:39 AM
hey guys.
does anyone knows if there is an on-line training center for
3d graphics (and Lightwave) out there?
i mean ok, there are a lot of schools and a lot of universities out there except GREECE.SOOO...
what if i'm interested to follow a course without leaving my country?there must be some kind of training center that works through internet.
i'm a CAD designer and i want to evolve in to a 3d artist.
i have learned too much using tutorials from the net but there are all so confused in my mind.that's why i need a schooll to be tought.i'm sure that there are a lot of people who want this
for the above reason.
thank you all.SEE YOU...........

w_will
03-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Neither of these are degree programs, but check out

www.splinegod.com
Character course and Basic Lightwave courses by Larry Shultz

www.3dgarage.com
Signature courses intro and advanced from Dan Ablan

Both are very active members of the lightwave comunity and I can strongly recommend both sets of courses. Todd Grimes videos available from desktopimages.com are also very informative, but not really courseware and a little hard to follow if your not already familar with Lightwave. There may be others, but I don't have any experience with them. Hope that helps. If you find another online school let me know I am always looking for new courses. You can learn a lot from diffrent instructors because part of the beauty of Lightwave is there many diffrent ways to do the same thing. PS I think both Dan and Larry have sample videos on thier websites.