PDA

View Full Version : No Sync

christoons
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi everybody, First time on here. I'm an event videographer. I just purchased a VT3 and had a fast computer build, ( well I think it's fast maybe that's my problem)..Pentium 4, 3 GHZ ,1GB of ram, NVIDIA FX5900 video card, 138 gig video drive, 3 storage drives.
The drives are running at 10,000 rpm. I would think this would be fast enough for multiple cameras, projectors, etc.
When I hook up the cameras, everything is captured fine on my hardrive with no dropped frames, but when I have my DDR playing a clip and I switch between that and a camera feed I get these messages.." input sync glitch" and "no video signal present (potential Driver Lock up), and then everything goes haywire. I have BOB and the RS8.
Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

SBowie
03-05-2004, 10:20 PM
"138 gig video drive" .... are you talking about a single drive here, or a stripeset?

christoons
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
this is a single drive, acturally it's around 140 gigs.

Dan Hong
03-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Just a thought, try checking your video card settings/drivers. Make sure the video resolution is set to 32bit/true color.

SBowie
03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by christoons
this is a single drive, acturally it's around 140 gigs. Well, I really think this is likely your problem -- it would be nip and tuck for any single drive to be quick enough to record a single stream without anything else going on - much less running a DDR simultaneously and trying to switch without a problem.

christoons
03-09-2004, 12:14 PM
I have to appologize for not giving the correct info on my system.
It's hard to wear all the hats in this profession. I called up the company who built the computer for me and they gave me the correct specs on the hardrives.
I have 2 36GB Raptors striped for my system drive, 2 120GB IDE drives striped for storage, and 4 WD 36GB Raptors (10,000rpm) striped for my video drive. I'm capturing to my video drive but still get "Input Sync Glitch" It captures fine for a while but when I start my DDR running it dropes frames and gives me this error. I sometimes capture to my external Lacie drive (200GB 7200rpm) by firewire, and it will drop frames on that to. Any suggestions why it's doing that? I appreciate your responses so far and would like to solve this problem because I do a lot of event shooting and I was using the videonics switcher and the firestore to capture everything and I wasn't happy with the video. I know the VT3 rocks If I could solve this problem. Thanks Chris

SBowie
03-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by christoons
I .... and 4 WD 36GB Raptors (10,000rpm) striped for my video drive. I'm capturing to my video drive but still get "Input Sync Glitch" It captures fine for a while but when I start my DDR running it dropes frames and gives me this error. I sometimes capture to my external Lacie drive (200GB 7200rpm) by firewire, and it will drop frames on that to. Any suggestions why it's doing that? The 4 Raptors are not a NewTek recommended video stripeset configuration, but likely should be adequate in spite of that (I'm assuming you are capturing as RTV). The DDR is, of course, adding yet more throughput demand, and exacerbating the problem.

You might want to check and see whether indexing is turned off for the video stripeset, and that the Prefs PCI bus settings are reasonable (did you start out by running Autoconfig when configuring your system?)

BTW, there is no chance you are going to get enough bandwidth going to that external FW drive to capture to it reliably.

christoons
03-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks Steve, Sorry to sound like a dummy but how do you do an autofig and check the indexing. btw how is the wheather in Toronto these days, I was born in Northbay Ontario. I was looking for some video jobs around Toronto but didn"t know anybody. Thanks Chris

SBowie
03-10-2004, 06:28 AM
Chris, autoconfig can be run from VT[3]>Utilities in the Windows Start menu. It will offer to turn off indexing at the end, or you can do so manually. (To turn off indexing manually, right-click on the volume in question in a "My Computer" window, and select Properties - de-select Allow Indexing at the bottom of the General tab.)

BTW, I was also born in North Bay, lived much of my life in the North. I consider Toronto to be the tropics ;)

christoons
03-10-2004, 09:58 AM
well let' see, I tried to auto config and I get this message"the procedure entry point? Get Text @ Text [email protected] QAEPADXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library VTNTAPI.dll." What could this possibly mean? Anyody? Thanks Chris

SBowie
03-10-2004, 03:18 PM
I haven't got the foggiest notion, except to say that I suspect it presages a complete uninstall/reinstall, complete with some registry cleaning.

You really should have a dealer, Chris - then these would have been his (or her) headaches...

Norman
03-10-2004, 09:08 PM
When I got this error, Andrew had me do a search for the offending file and it was discovered that two of the existed and I had to delete one of them. Try it, you'll like it.

Norman
03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
'the' should be 'them'. The second file that I needed to delete came from the SDK, which installed some files on my c: drive that shouldn't have been there.

christoons
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
thanks Norman, Whats the SDK?

Norman
03-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Don't get old, whatever you do! The SDK is the Software Development Kit, which is not what I intended to say. What I meant to say was the DVE Creation Kit. In any case, did you get back up and running? :o

christoons
03-11-2004, 10:31 AM
well I got rid of a program called itunes which I installed early. VT3 seems to be recording the 2 cameras and DDR without a hicup. It's hard to believe that itunes was the problem. Today I'm going to try adding a audio mixer and feed some live inputs into BOB and then also record multiple video inputs and see if everything runs smoothly. This is the whole reason I purchased VT3. I haven't tried to autoconfig yet, maybe I won't have to. If all goes well I well let you know either way. Thanks everyone for your input..Chris