PDA

View Full Version : Sync problems

christoons
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi everybody, First time on here. I'm an event videography. I just purchased a VT3 and had a fast computer build, ( well I think it's fast maybe that's my problem)..Pentium 4, 3 GHZ ,1GB of ram, NVIDIA FX5900 video card, 138 gig video drive, 3 storage drives.
The drives are running at 10,000 rpm. I would think this would be fast enough for multiple cameras, projectors, etc.
When I hook up the cameras, everyting is captured fine on my hardrive with no dropped frames, but when I have my DDR playing a clip and I switch between that and a camera feed I get these messages.." input sync glitch" and "no video signal present (potential Driver Lock up), and then everything goes haywire. I have BOB and the RS8.
Anybody have any ideas? Thanks (oops sorry this is in the wrong area)

Beamtracer
03-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, posting your question in the Mac area is probably not the best place for Video Toaster questions, or Windows related woes.

You're welcome to ask here, but the Newtek Video Toaster forum is more likely to have someone who knows how to fix your problem. I think it's mainly Final Cut Pro video users around here.

But, since you asked, the megahertz rating of a computer doesn't have a great deal of influence over how well it plays video. There are other components that will have a greater baring.

When you record video onto a hard drive as a Quicktime, or in your case a Windows AVI, the video doesn't need to be in sync.

But when you've got multiple cameras and other sources, and you're switching between cameras (like on live television), each camera or video source needs to be fed a sync pulse to keep them all in sync. Otherwise the picture will roll when you switch between cameras.

As a guess, it sounds like something is wrong in this area. I doubt if it is related to the hard drives, and definitely has nothing to do with the megahertz rating of your Pentium.

Have a look down the main Newtek Forum index page and you'll find the Video Toaster forums on the list:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/index.php?

Cheers.

christoons
03-06-2004, 08:36 AM
thanks for your reply. sorry for the wrong thread, I'll post it where it's supposed to go, thanks again