PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the cool gift, NewTek!!!!

jevinstudios
03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to express my sincere thanks to all the excellent people at NewTek for the cool gift of D-Storm's UV Edit Pro -- this is one helluva awesome plug-in, and a great freebie for the loyal customers who have pre-purchased LightWave 8!

As I use LightWave for virtually ALL of my studio's modeling, this tool will be an incredible addition to the Modeling toolset, and is prized beyond measure!

NewTek, you are one great company, and my heartfelt appreciation goes out to you!!

Kevin Soderlund
Jevin Studios

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 06:34 PM
You got it already? I didn't see anything in the email about how to get it.

hrgiger
03-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Newtek should send you out a serial number and then you can use that number along with your dongle ID to register your UV plug-in. As soon as you submit it, it generates your number and also sends you an email receipt.

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 06:38 PM
So you got two emails from NewTek today? The announcement and the serial number? I only got the announcement.

hunter
03-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I got ours for our license at work but not for mine at home. What's goin on?

hrgiger
03-05-2004, 06:41 PM
No, only one. I got an email about a week and a half ago about the announcement about a free bonus and got an email about an hour ago telling me they were giving us UVEditPro free and here is your personal serial number....

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh man! Mine didn't have that. :(

jr_sunshine
03-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I got the e-mail but it said nothing about a serial number. I pre-ordered my copy of [8] last year.

What gives?

jevinstudios
03-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Ya need to follow the instructions in the email. There is a link to the download site; download the plug-in and documentation, install the plug-in in the plug-ins directory, then launch the plug-in in Modeler. When you launch the plugin, it will display your hardware id -- write this down then follow the second link in the NewTek email and register (the serial number necessary for the plug-in registration/activation is clearly displayed in the email from NewTek). You will get your license key IMMEDIATELY. Very easy, just 1-2-3.

This is an extremely kewl plug-in -- can't wait to get in and play! For those who haven't received the email, it's probably because you don't have a current email address or "v. 7.5 purchase/upgrade to 8" license on file with NewTek.....

K

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks Jevin I'll try that.

Alliante
03-05-2004, 07:11 PM
It's a very cool Thank You from NewTek! I'm sure glad they translated the manual to American/English :-)

Waiting on my 'Forgot Password' on my registration page now!

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 07:13 PM
jevinstudios,

Hmm.. I don't think we got the same EMails.

My email announcing what the free gift only had one link.

This is it:
Yay (http://www.newtek.com/buynow/lw_products.html)

There was also an email link to stop getting emails from NewTek.

jevinstudios
03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Very strange, Carm -- not what I got....

K

jjburton
03-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Carm, I got the same one. No instructions for me, but I purchased last fall and I've got DFX+ sitting on my shelf...

Newtek, wanna shed some light?

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 07:20 PM
jjburton,

Whom did you order from? I ordered directly from NewTek.

jjburton
03-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Carm-same

anieves
03-05-2004, 07:48 PM
I haven't received anything at all either at work or at home.:confused:

bloontz
03-05-2004, 08:07 PM
I ordered directly from Newtek but my email address had changed from when I registered Lightwave a couple years ago. Since I hadn't received any emails I decided to send customer service a note asking them to update my email address and I then recieved the email today about the free offer. Have you guys changed email addresses since you registered Lightwave?

mgreenway
03-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Carm
I got 2 emails today from NT
#1 = serial number, download & registration instruction.
#2 = pre-release sale pitch.
Both the left and right hand spoke!

They'll make the sunshine, give them a call.

Carm3D
03-05-2004, 08:09 PM
No.. I got a new one but the old one still works.. I guess I will be calling NewTek Monday.

jevinstudios
03-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Was browsing the "Present from NewTek" thread and found this recent post from the great and powerful Chuck Baker (hope ya don't mind my putting this quote here, Chuck....)

------------------------

Our participating international resellers will be contacting their customers within a few days. North American customers who owned [7.5] and who purchased a pre-order upgrade through a reseller may not have their information on file with us for the bonus, as some resellers have elected not to provide the information to NewTek.

If this applies to you, you can confirm eligibility by providing the serial number of your qualifying purchase, and your contact information, here:

http://register.newtek.com/Upgrade7To8Valid.aspx

-------------------------

May-b this might help clarify some email discrepancies, or give some assistance to others to validate the registration of their 7.5 purchase/8 upgrade.

K

anieves
03-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bloontz
I ordered directly from Newtek but my email address had changed from when I registered Lightwave a couple years ago. Since I hadn't received any emails I decided to send customer service a note asking them to update my email address and I then recieved the email today about the free offer. Have you guys changed email addresses since you registered Lightwave?

I exclusively called CS last week to verify and they had merged my personal copy with my work copy for some wierd reason. I provided my updated email and contact info but I guess I have never received anything at all because my new serial; the one that came with DFX+ doesn't come up as a qualified copy. I'll deal with that on monday, UV EP will come in handy right about now.

Wickster
03-05-2004, 10:01 PM
I just got my eMail today wel night so i'm guessing that for the ones that haven't got the email containing the registration, i guess just wait awhile. it'll be there. i guess.

studiodude
03-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Thanks Newtek for the cool gift this will come in very handy and thanks dstorm for making this great plugin.:D STUDIO

Exper
03-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Maybe in Europe we'll have the gift in a couple of months?
I dunno... :(

Bye.

badllarma
03-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Exper
Maybe in Europe we'll have the gift in a couple of months?
I dunno... :(

Bye.

usually there pretty good but lagging this time still no news from them 10am Saturday 06/03/04 :rolleyes:

smh
03-06-2004, 03:34 AM
Wonderful gift yet again. I'm glad we opted to stay with LW, and I sure this going to be a great year for the LW community.

jevinstudios
03-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Please see post below:

jevinstudios
03-06-2004, 08:12 AM
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR THIS FREEBIE, MANUALS FOR UV EDIT PRO, OR ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO THIS BONUS!

I was appalled to get an email from someone asking for me to email them the UV Edit Pro manual because they didn't qualify for the free bonus/LW 8 upgrade.

This is extremely tacky, and trust me, you will NOT get a response back from my studio! Try it again, and you will definitely be reported to NewTek.

Let's not be cheap folks -- we all paid good money for this software, and no benefits reaped from my studio's investment will be shared with others who will not purchase this software legitimately. If you buy from NewTek, you'll be included in all this good stuff.... By skirting around a qualified upgrade, you're only hurting a great company (NewTek) that relies on your continued support to stay in business and to keep on making exceptional software we all use and love.....

If you decide you do NOT want to upgrade to 8, this kewl plug-in can still be purchased online from NewTek for $119 (documentation included).

Original1
03-06-2004, 08:30 AM
I have to agree here,come on guys Newtek deserve your support, with every version of Lightwave they have thrown something extra in, for example sas lite hmm now if I could only get my hands on the Lightwave 8 SDK I might be able to write a routine that would do real time painting

RomainR
03-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Thank you Newtek.

You ROCK!!!!!

blabberlicious
03-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Errrr. Jevin That was me mailing you.

I downloaded the EVALUATION version of the plug-in, which is FREELY AVAILABLE on the D-Storm Site.

I've had it for months, but despite requests to D-Storm, they haven't posted a English manual - that is, until the release of the LW8 give-away version.

As my Japanese isn't to good, and there was no English manual available on the site, I though I'd ask the good users on the forum if ask if I they could share it the MANUAL....not the APP.

Understand?

You actually mailed me back to asked me to mail the other users on the thread - which is fair enough.

Someone posted the link (thanks)

I don really understand what your anxiety is, and why you think it's 'tacky'

Are you worried that I might like it and buy a license from NT?

Errr...what's tacky about that?

mattclary
03-06-2004, 09:03 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!! :D

jevinstudios
03-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Blabberlicious --

You are quite mistaken when you say that I emailed you back and asked you to ask other people on the NewTek forum for this manual. I did no such thing, in fact, I deleted your email immediately upon receipt, then posted my response publicly on this forum. Do not pull me into your scam, dude!

Your email was not specific, just saying you were looking for the manual becuase you did not qualify for the upgrade offer. Plain and simple.

I don't play this game -- if you need a manual, please ask NewTek to provide you with a link. They probably do NOT provide a manual for an evaluation copy, I don't know, but you should go to them directly, not subversively through loyal customers in this forum.

My studio is 100% legit, and do not share our software, manuals, plug-ins, etc. with anyone, as we could be held liable for unauthorized distribution of licensed material. We pay for it, and we would hope that everyone else out there will do the same; otherwise, NewTek suffers along with the 3D community as a whole.

blabberlicious
03-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Subject: Re:
Date: 6 March 2004 11:20:42 am GMT
To: me (name deleted)

Why not just ask on the forums?
They didn't add it to 8 but everyone that preorders LW 8 will get the plugin
for free.

Cheers,
JS

That ring any bells?

It came from your studio.

Whoever wrote back to me needs a good talking too from his bossman, perhaps even a flogging!

At least he was polite, unlike his boss :-)

I will explain again...

I pre-ordered 8 in the UK, so I QUALIFY for the plug-in. I just wanted to see the manual, because us Europeans haven't been sent the offer yet, and the English manual isn't on the d-storm site.

So - please, find something else to harangue - like the 'scam artist' who has already posted a link to the PDF on the other "Gift Thread'.

I reckon he too must be part of some vast international software conspiracy....

...or perhaps he's just a helpful forum member.

I guess if NT were worried about people sharing documentation about dongle protected products, they would have pulled the post.

But they haven't.

So why are you banging on like this?

You aren't coming across very well doing this - but I guess that's why they invited the IGNORE list feature.

jevinstudios
03-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Blabberlicious --

That did not come from my studio, nor is it one of our addresses. To be honest, you have succeeded in royally pissing me off, and I will be reporting this post to a moderator immediately. Just drop the harrassment here -- I've had enough.

All I wanted to do through this thread is thank NewTek for a wonderful gift, but this has soured now.....