PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Network Rendering

akota
03-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Hello,

Has anyone heard of any new tools for network rendering in LW8? I'd love a simple service based tool, like Spider, but with current support :D

Phil
03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by akota
Hello,

Has anyone heard of any new tools for network rendering in LW8? I'd love a simple service based tool, like Spider, but with current support :D

I'd like to be able to submit F9 renders to the renderfarm :) I suspect that this won't be available though. It would be nice to be able to work on the scene whilst having a length shot render on the farm and then be displayed when ready, rather than the current lock out of layout.

*shrug*

akota
03-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil
I'd like to be able to submit F9 renders to the renderfarm :) I suspect that this won't be available though. It would be nice to be able to work on the scene whilst having a length shot render on the farm and then be displayed when ready, rather than the current lock out of layout.

*shrug*

Hmm, if I understand correctly this is pretty easy. Not F9 easy, but you won't lose layout when rendering.

I have 10 nodes. One of them is my workstation. Another is one I designated (arbitrarily) as the render controller. I just installed LW on that machine and use layout in Discovery Edition mode (since my dongle stays on my workstation) to run Screamernet. That way LW is free to use on my workstation :D