PDA

View Full Version : Past Release Promotions?

jds580s
03-05-2004, 12:27 PM
In the past when Newtek has released versions of LW can anyone recall the promotions they offered?

I seem to remember some discount when 7 came out, but the details are foggy.

I'm trying to decide if I should put my order in and get DFX+ and the mystery gift, or hold out for the 8.0 box and manuals and any potential 8.0 promotions.

I use After Effects mostly for compositing so DFX+ isn't exactly needed, but I'd rather have it than nothing. :)

Thanks for any advice

Justin

beverins
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I remember the Cool Friends Of Newtek promotion. Pretty much, it was a T-Shirt and Hat, and the privilege of bug testing support, or something similar.

Try the archived Newtek pages on the internet, you might find some more :-)

js33
03-05-2004, 12:46 PM
All current promotions come to end on March 21st. So you better get it while you can. Once 8 is out there may not be any more promotions for awhile. If you use the Mac version as well you can get the RealVis bundle instead of DFX.

Cheers,
JS

prospector
03-05-2004, 01:12 PM
There were some with the Amiga, but I think those are over now.

jds580s
03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
I've been looking through some old posts and found a deal when they released 7, basicly it was 495 to upgrade for ANY previous version, not just the last release. So I gues that's no a big deal.

I think I'll ditch the box and manuals and go for the current special. Thanks for the info everyone.

Justin