PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw it!

UEI
03-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I finaly baught the movie Understanding Chaos (the concepts to reality combo ;) ) by Terrence Walker, I can understand why everyone sayz it's the best for Anime wanabe's cause it certainly rocked! I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer...

1. Hobbist Animator? - I'm eventually gona get the hang of using Lightwave, I meen I'm still reading about it in Inside Lightwave 7. But what I'd like to know from any professional animator is this. If I were to just stay a Hobbist animator and release on my own time animated features, how effective would that be? How about later when you can host your feature under a business? I suppose then you'd have the money to hire an Animation team? What if I wanted to be a hobbist animator as well as a business animator on the side, such as helping out with certain aspects on an animation project? Tell me about dead lines.

2. Anime Aspects? - One thing that I notice in some\different anime's is the hair. In reference, Understanding Chaos and Shadowskin used a different hair sceme which I found "acceptible", however, what if I wanted to do the common strand\hair shine technique? Could I just do these in Lightwave, or would I have to use Aura as well? What if I used Aura for the strands and Lightwave for the shine? For what I meen, take a look at both the front cover of "Zone of the Enders: The second Runner" for PS2, and "Sukoden 3" for PS2. Note the difference :)

I'm learning how to draw so I can start to model. I've learned alot from this video. I've learned and seen many of the different aspect Lightwave and Aura can do and I'm overall impressed. TAKE THAT 3D STUDIO MAX!!!! lol

pauland
03-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Check out this thread
and buy the book. http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18181

Paul

Rich
03-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I also bought Understanding Chaos over a year ago. I then bought his next feature Shadowskin. But something happend with UPS delivery because they said it was delivered but I never recieved it. I told Terrence but he couldn't do anything because on my tracking order it said it was delivered. Oh well. I was just out $20 bucks no biggy. I just recently checked his website and noticed his store link doesn't work. I wanted to eventually try to buy Shadowskin again when I move into my new house. I think someone swiped it off my door step at my apartment when it was delivered. I will be in a much better neighborhood and hopefully won't have to worry about people wandering off with my packages.