PDA

View Full Version : Robot Girl

firstsingle
03-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Wavers, tell me what you think of my toy Robot Girl!

starbase1
03-05-2004, 05:10 AM
I'd strongly recommend re rendering with the floor s different colour from the main subject.

And personally I don't like the moulded joints on a robot, just looks wrong to my eye...

Nick

firstsingle
03-05-2004, 07:28 AM
I feel you Nick. As a newbie, what I think looks cool doesn't look cool at all. Yet. I hope at least one year into this I can start creating some good Models.

Peace!

etobiason
03-05-2004, 08:32 PM
No, really, rerender the floor as a different color. I think the model looks cool. It will stand out more on a different color. Not a 3D thing, just a design thing.

firstsingle
03-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Hey Etobiason. Thanks for the reply dude. It Really helps in this learning stage. Learning to pick the right colors is a little trickier than i thought.

From your experienced eye, what color would make this a better Image? Also, the scene file and the model Is included. I would love to see a rerender totally. I wanna see how someone else would light and recolor this scene completely. If you have the time:) I consider this time just for learning.

And to Starbase 1. would you suggest making new arms seperate from the shoulders? If so. Do you have any modeling tricks for me. I wanna send you the model if you have the time and see what you mean. I would love to see some real Robot arms on her! The Model is included If you wanna have a go at her. I wanna learn more and I'm humble enough to say. I aint there yet

firstsingle
03-06-2004, 04:52 AM
Hey Nick if you notice, the neck is molded also. I think I know what you mean now but, I don't know how to execute it yet. The problem Is how would you rotate on the pitch if the nect is seperate and on the bank if the arms are seperate. Do you make a ball socket? I saw a real toy robot and I know where I went wrong.
AnyWho! Talk to you on your next post.

Render away etobiason.

MorituriMax
03-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I am not sure if its the floor/robot same surface thing, but it looks awfully blurry.. less blur would help too..

nice modeling.

firstsingle
03-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Hey MorituriMax. Thanks for the Advice. What you actually see is my SAD attempt to try and use DOF, focasing on the middle clone. Less intense would look better.

Nice Image under your screen name!

MorituriMax
03-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks back.. oh I see.. I didn't realize they were different copies.. figured you were doing different views with all the same DOF.

By all means DOF away, just had me confused.. and it wasn't a SAD first attempt.

firstsingle
03-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks Bro. Later!

etobiason
03-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Sorry, First, I'm super busy here with other projects...! I will take a look at your scene, but I don't want to disappoint you if it takes me a while to get to it.

I think the model is really interesting. I like the lights on it, cool for a toy.

Besides just a different color to showcase the model, an appropriate environment would be cool too. Will you be modeling other toys? Maybe it could be sitting on a table or the floor with other toys....

-e

firstsingle
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey etobiason. Thanks alot. Take your time. Expanding the scene sounds like a good Idea. I'll Model a fiew more toys and post them shortly!
I forgot to include the floor bump so here it is.

Til next time.