PDA

View Full Version : Music genre you find best it to create by!

theo
03-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Offbeat sub here for all you heavywavers- yong or old, pickled or non, seasoned or plain, hobbyist or jaded veteran alike, earthlike or martian... What music genre, in sum total, do you find it best to create your masterpieces by-

Hmmm...are we tickled in the right brain with Mozart? or does our logitical side get steamed up with Petra? Or... do the polygons fly to a Jamaican tune recorded on a sunny seaside?

Mattoo
03-04-2004, 03:22 PM
What about classical?

All that stuff up there will rot your brain. :p

badllarma
03-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mattoo
What about classical?

All that stuff up there will rot your brain. :p

dito classical shoud be up there that is what I lisen to or the radio in general (Radio 1 in the UK my current fav)

theo
03-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey air-breathers- my bad! I just asked Proton if he could add Classical as a genre. I am a classical listener as well. Though I prefer my classical music nestled in a sensational sandwich of Mars Landing with some Joyce Cooling on the side with a nice brew of some international tones like some lovely Latin or airy Asian.

Alan Daniels
03-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Feh! Classical all the way, baby. Fix that and I shall vote in the poll! :D

Seriously, classical because it pleasing to listen to, yet fades into the background enough to not distract me from the work at hand.Well, either that or some good 80s, and I mean REAL 80s music, as in "New Order" type stuff, not that "Katrina and the Waves" crap.

DarkLight
03-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Classical is what i'd go for as well. It's normally that or no doubt or they might be giants.

nixx
03-04-2004, 04:26 PM
For me, CG ...rocks !

No, really :)

nick

TyVole
03-04-2004, 04:50 PM
I would vote for classical too.

I usually don't listen to any music while I work, but I'm having a problem with noise coming from the water meter in the next room. So, I've been listening to the local classical radio station. It not only blocks the noise, but I'm actually finding it helpful work-wise. I may continue to listen to it -- even after I get the meter fixed.

theo
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
No music...a noisy water meter...what do we have here?

mkiii
03-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Radio 4:
Gardeners Question time, The Archers, and all the wonderful things that spew forth from auntie beeb during the day.....ahhh bliss.

Music is fer gurls.

theo
03-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Music, Huge member, is definitely for gurls but you did furget to mentun that it is fur guys as well. By the way we all love dreamers here.

The musical members of the wave of light may dance rings around members that dance to no tone. Though no tones can grow the potential stone in the wave of light the musically inclined mind can bind this binary beast of light and all his might to facilitate the ultimate.

hrgiger
03-04-2004, 07:11 PM
I like a good mix of Techno, gothic, and rap. And Radiohead.

theo
03-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Hrgiger- the only problem with that mixture of tonal delight is the fact that it doesn't need to be rendered to be truly caustic. That combo would probably melt my very tender ear canal into a gelatinous mess of useless flesh.

But I guess the wave of light accepts all who wander into its wonderful gamma, even those amoung us who actually listen to Radiohead and their lullabies.

mgrusin
03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Movie soundtracks, what else? :p

-MG.

Meaty
03-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Metal/Rock baby!!! Chevelle/Tool/Drege/NIN/Radiohead/SOAD etc... etc...

Hervé
03-04-2004, 11:14 PM
I dont like listen music while I am on LW, makes me veeeeeryyy nervous.... he he...:p

prospector
03-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Well on my CD changer I keep it full of Cusco and ABBA

What ones do I check for them??

Librarian
03-05-2004, 12:45 AM
R. Williams, The Animator`s Survival Kit
"Milt, do you ever listen to classical music while you're working?"

"Of all the stupid goddamned questions I've ever heard I never heard such a stupid question! I am not smart enough to think of more than one thing at a time!". ;)
No, seriously, slight drum n base, classical tracks or film scores.

marc
03-05-2004, 12:45 AM
I prefer music that I haven't heard before, e.g. listen to a jazz radio station. If I was listening to my favourite music I would be humming along or start dreaming but would not work very efficiently. During my last project (www.themarcside.com/missouri.html) I was so under stress and had to concentrate so much that I found any kind of music very distracting.

Marc

anieves
03-05-2004, 07:26 AM
I don't listen to anything when I animate; I concentrate better that way.

Nemoid
03-05-2004, 07:53 AM
I had some great passion for Mahler , Mozart and other classical music when drawing, or modelling. in other periods i listened to Pantera, Faith no more, Sepultura, Mr Bungle and more thrash metal music. In other periods, i listened to no music. It depends from how i feel, what i am going to do, etc.
Actually i love music of different types except country and celtic

Usually,music with no songs and words helps to concentration/inspiration sometimes, while music with songs, distracts me , since i like songs too much i get involved. I also love to sing some times while i'm modelling!!!!! at the starting for sure. then, i go mute when things need some concentration. :D

Hey, recently i listened to Dark side of the moon and did some drawings related to this masterpiece.

very inspiring.

Chazz
03-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
I like a good mix of Techno, gothic, and rap. And Radiohead.

Definitely Radiohead...they should have a class all to themselves!

beverins
03-05-2004, 12:49 PM
I listen to Lord Of The Rings soundtracks and the soundtrack to games such as Soul Calibur 2 (very movie soundtrack-ish; I wonder if they will ever do a proper orchestral performance of this music)

Some techno as well, though I prefer older stuff like the music for Wipeout XL on the Playstation...

And yes, Classical as well.

petermark
03-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd go for soundtracks - stuff like Gladiator, The Mission, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Or I listen to the news...

retinajoy
03-05-2004, 01:04 PM
House, trance and generally what some of you here will call rot your brain music. Listening to the essential mix or other recorded dance programs from the bbc website via realplayer helps me model the day away. Listening to Jazz is better for animatiing. :D

art
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I voted for trance/electronica. I also listen to metal/rock on daily basis and some jazz/funk.
While I work I like "electronica" the most. Under this term (for lack of other categories here) I assume stuff that ranges from enigma/delerium to FLA/wumpscut and everything in between.

Earl
03-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Movie soundtracks, TV series soundtracks, or classical. Gladiator is one of my favorites, as it flows really well from start to finish. Great for when you get into one of those LW grooves.