PDA

View Full Version : Adding Texture to Models in Modeler

Snip3rM00n
03-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I've consulted the book that came with my copy of Lightwave 7.5 and it doesn't tell me how to do this. I'm in Modeler and lets just say for fun, I make a road and I want to apply an asphault texture to it. How would I do that? I know how to make different surface colors for individual layers or objects and so forth, but I don't know how to apply textures. Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance. :)

pdrake
03-04-2004, 01:17 PM
in the surface editor next to color there is a button that has a "T" on it. click this to add an image map.

you should go to the tutorial section of this site or try here:

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

bloontz
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Read chapter 31 about surface editor. For image maps see Layer Type: Image Mapping starting on 31.22 (printed manual).

Basically you hit the T button next to color and select Image Map. Then you need to load an image and set it's mapping properties.

eblu
03-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Snip3rM00n,
this Really... REALLY... is in the book.
and while it IS possible in Modeler you should look it up in the Layout portion of the book.

Snip3rM00n
03-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Well, hey, the book was kind of vague in describing the process. I guess I perfer more detailed explainations, or maybe I haven't been searching in the right areas.

Thanks for pointing me to the tutorial though, that one did help. :)