PDA

View Full Version : Background image (video codec ?)

pekka varis
03-04-2004, 10:34 AM
There is no information in manual about using video as a Background image. Where to find information about the best videoformats and codecs ?

I made a PAL divX with Premiere Pro but playback in LW is realy slow..

Pekka Varis

Mylenium
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
LW treats video/ animation files as image sequences. Just have a look around in the image editor and load your files as usual and adjust their settings.

Mylenium

John Fornasar
03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I made a PAL divX with Premiere Pro but playback in LW is realy slow..

I'd bring in the frames as a sequence (as long as you have them)... load them in the Image Editor.

You'll avoid any compression problems, your final output will probably be cleaner.

digimassa
03-05-2004, 05:18 AM
:cool:
rule of thumb: dont compress twice!

pekka varis
03-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Didnīt know the background-image and Image editor were interacting together! Thank You guys.

But the playback is still very poor, Itīs hard to animate over it. My goal is smooth playback during keyframing, then I can replace the proxy image sequence and render the final movie.

Premiere Pro is limited in image-seq outputs but i made nice small jpg-seq full PAL rez in After Effects, lowest quality gave me 18 Kb/ frame !

LW Image editor plays this in small preview window faster-than-realtime, i can jog it as fast as I want, but in camera window it crawls again...like 5-6 frames/sec.

hardware is not the problem here,
anyone have opinions?