PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Claustro

juanjgon
03-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Hello to everybody ...

Here is a fast work (in fact i made all in about 6 hours) of test render for a client who wants to make a complete cathedral ... full modeled and rendered in Lightwave 7.5

It is not very detailed, but i think that final image looks good ...
I hope you like it ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/claustro.jpg

Best regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

veljko
03-04-2004, 11:51 AM
well that is pretty impresive for a 6 hours work! I guess with the repetitive nautre of ghotic arhitecture and some good textures it is posible to pull it of in 6 hours- never the less great work and excellent lightening and texturing!

RomainR
03-04-2004, 11:52 AM
You mean it's awesome.

Just six hours? Modeled, textured and lit. You're not human are you?

:D

otacon
03-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Very nice for 6 hours. Does that include render time? Also, what kind of lighting...radiosity?

pauland
03-05-2004, 01:05 AM
It's amazing. Don't tell your client it took just six hours...

Paul

Hervé
03-05-2004, 01:39 AM
:eek: You are insane Juanjgon, 6 hours...? I know you were good, but that fast is impressive.... in 6 hours I can only do a cube ...; well almost...:D

riki
03-05-2004, 04:30 AM
Nice work, the graphic element in the signature is a bit distacting though.

RAZ
03-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Beautiful image.

The lighting is beautifully subtle, would love to know more details about the render, light settings, modelling methods etc.

How much did you start with in terms of models and textures previously done, did you start from scratch?

Nice work.

juanjgon
03-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I think that when you must work fast modeling is less important than texturing, and texturing is less important than lighting .... this scene start from scratch and has only four or five texture maps ...

To show importance of lighting in CG here is an image of this scene without any kind of ilumination ... here yo can see how a low quality model and fast texturing could be converted in a good image with correct illumination techniques ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sinluz.jpg

Regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

RAZ
03-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Yep, thats right, can you illuminate:D your lighting techniques for us?

agv
03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Holy smokes...ah, I mean, Holy Cathedral! Your work is devine! Okay, I'll lay off the puns...it's absolutely great, no kidding.

Please share your lighting technique!