PDA

View Full Version : Froggyplat's Complete Character Rigging Guide Opinoin?

zecryan
03-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Is the Froggyplat's Complete Character Rigging Guide from 3D-Palace worth the download in I am bad at rigging charaters in general? Will it teach me general teachnecks(sp) for rigging character that I can use to ANY TYPE of character. Just want to know if it is worth the like 20 file big downloads.

blabberlicious
03-04-2004, 04:47 AM
It's great - well constructed and full of tips - but I guess LW8 (when it ships) will make a lot of it redundant....

But worth looking at for the general guidance about IK, etc.

here's hoping....

roguenroll
03-04-2004, 08:41 AM
worth it????? oh yeah. get it NOW!!!!!!:)

chop chop

froggyplat
03-04-2004, 10:08 AM
It will get you started....and it will show you the process 100%. Looking back, there are more simple ways to do things than what I present, and there are better ways to handle rigging , in general (I just know more now).

But....if you go through all the videos, you will be able to pick apart and analyze ANY rig, and also have the necessary knowledge to create your own, better rigs.

If you find you want to go further after watching them (and you ware willing to pay for that knowledge), then you should definitely take a look at SplineGod's courses or the Todd Grimes videos. I'm sure Dan Ablan covers this subject too in his course....there's also the Wordware book which is really cool.

Kvaalen
03-04-2004, 12:03 PM
I really advise them. I knew rigging before but I still learned a decent amount. :)