PDA

View Full Version : Question about LW8 + RealViz offer

wp_capozzi
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Hello,

As a LW PC who also owns a Mac, can I get this offer instead of the DFX+ deal? Are any of the RealViz programs tied to the LW donlge?
I would like to use LW8 on the PC and the RealViz software on the Mac.

Thanks,
Bill C.

T-Light
03-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that one too.

As far as I'm aware, you decide the package when ordering.

Let me confirm that. I've just checked on the onevideo.net site (http://www.oneanimation.net/) and they have both offers up for you to choose.

T-Light
03-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Sorry, long day. Are you asking 'can I run LW on one machine and the realviz software on another at the same time?'

No idea, but I suspect the answer is no - I was lucky on the DFX deal, I ordered early and was sent a parrallel dongle so it isn't tied into LW's USB.

Sorry, I'm waffling....Tired :o

Best advice

Give Newtek a buzz and make sure before you buy :cool:

riki
03-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Just recieved my copy of Realviz, no sign of a dongle. I'm guessing it runs without or is tied to my current dongle (if that's possible??), but no time to check at the moment.

wp_capozzi
03-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Well, my thought was to have LW run on the PC and RealViz run on the Mac, probably not at the same time unless I were rendering on the PC.
Ideally it would be nice to have RealViz on the PC along with LW, but I don't see where that is an option in the offers.
Nothing against DFX+, I like the idea of the RealViz offer better, as I have After Effects well implanted in my workflow already. I'd rather have the RealViz deal, than to have redundancy.
Would be nice to be able to take advantage of one of the deals while they are available. I'm sure I would use DFX+ if I had it, the RealViz tools would be a better addition to what I already have if it's not tied to the LW dongle.

Thanks,
Bill C.

Hervé
03-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Realviz does not have any dongle gigs...

riki
03-03-2004, 11:58 PM
whew I was getting worried that my Mac would end up looking like the desktop version of pin-head :D