PDA

View Full Version : luxigons

pdrake
03-02-2004, 03:10 PM
okay, i finally want to try these things out. i got some basic stuff done and rendered out a frame. why is it totally grainy?

i've searched through the threads, flay and the manual and cannot find any tutorials for luxigons. can anyone help me out?

thanks

Kurtis
03-02-2004, 05:16 PM
There's not really enough about them to make a tutorial.

In Modeler:
[list=1]
Select a polygon.
Go to Construct>Additional>Add Luxigon.
Set the options however you want.
Save object.
[/list=1]
In Layout:
[list=1]
Load the object.
Go to Scene>Utilities>Generics>ConvertLuxigons.
Set the options however you want.
[/list=1]
Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

Did you use a light type that has quality settings like Area or Linear? These can cause a grainy effect if the quality is set too low.

pdrake
03-02-2004, 05:33 PM
i was using point lights. i had about 140 and it was totally grainy. when i reduced the number of lights to around 50 the grainieness went away.

??

Kurtis
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM
That's not something I've encountered before, and I'm not aware of any limits to the number of lights that can be in a scene.

If you'd like to post a screencapture and any other scene details (especially light and render settings), I will forward it to Engineering for them to look into.

prospector
03-02-2004, 11:37 PM
go to this thread. I help explain it to someone else there and see my pic of newsroom..over 600 lights...
NewTek Discussions > LightWave 3D > LW - General Support > Need Help with Glow and Luminosity

In all it's glory (not a reduced size net version of pic) I saw no grainyness at all.

Kurtis
03-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Here is a direct link to the thread prospector mentioned.

NewTek Discussions > LightWave 3D > LW - General Support > Need Help with Glow and Luminosity (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15930&highlight=glow)