PDA

View Full Version : Object Collision

billr
03-02-2004, 12:49 AM
I wanted to try bowling pin collision, so I did the example in Inside LW 7. Everything worked fine, any pins the bowling ball touches, gets moved.

But...The pins themselves won't knock each other around, hmmm.

I can't seem to figure out how to make them cause collision between themselves...HELP!

I have tried several ideas, none of them seems to work.

Thanks for any help.

chilledaqua
03-04-2004, 08:11 PM
If the pins are the same surface you will probably need to enable self-collision in md. All the pins might not be enabled as well so check that

billr
03-14-2004, 02:10 AM
hmmm...I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Has anyone tried to get bowling pins to knock each other down, just by the pins hitting each other after the ball hits only the first pin, and gotten it to work?

Please let me know, thanks!

crusher14
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I've tried to make bowling pins and a ball but I cannot get all of the settings straight in Lightwave for the ball and the pins. Any help is appreciated.

Celshader
01-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I wanted to try bowling pin collision, so I did the example in Inside LW 7. Everything worked fine, any pins the bowling ball touches, gets moved.

But...The pins themselves won't knock each other around, hmmm.

I can't seem to figure out how to make them cause collision between themselves...HELP!

I have tried several ideas, none of them seems to work.

Thanks for any help.

If this is HardFX, is Self-Interaction turned on in the HardFX->Collision tab? If not, try setting it to "Box."

*rereads original post* Argh, you're using Inside LW 7, not 8. So...are you using FX_Motion..?