View Full Version : Multi car plugin

Hervé
03-01-2004, 11:22 PM
have U seen this lately LW'ers....

http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/newsfeed.asp?nid=1798

Looks like bad time for cd car collections... at least on max

badllarma
03-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Saw it and thought what a f**$ing great idea (depending on cost of course) be great for adding vehicles to pre vist of building etc where you need something but it does not have to be a 500.000 poly TVR / Lotus etc :D

Igu4n4
03-02-2004, 08:17 AM
As filler for outdoor scenes, this is a great plugin, stock models aren't cheap if you need to populate a scene, and these cars are generic enough (if you can get past the fact that they are all derivatives of the same underlying vehicle) to provide the mood you are probably looking for. (Who wants to bet that we're going to see some beautifully modelled and rendered scenes of old tuscan churches with a mess of SUV's outside).

I don't think the "car modellers/collectors" out there have a lot to worry about, I think part of that challenge is creating/collecting unique cars, or specialty vehicles.

I do a lot of work for GM for their pre-release vehicles, now I'd be worried if I saw "New Lightwave plugin featuring the 2005 GM line"... hell I'd be out of a job ;P

Thanks for pointing this out though.. I know a couple of pre-vis people who might be interested.

Steve McArdle
www.iguana-den.com

cresshead
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
$469 for the plugin if you download it..$499 if you wanrt a cdrom.

not an impulse buy price is it..compared to say the 9 cdrom collection i have from de esponosa which has 5000 models including about 200 transport types in 4 resolution in max format...

steve g

Lamont
03-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey, does your DeSponona CD collection have this strange smell? Mine does... smells kinda sweet.

cresshead
03-02-2004, 12:32 PM
LOL!..yeah [i'm giving it a uptodate sniff now!]seems to be wearing off abit from the last time i sniffed it!!or could be the cold i'm about to get!!!
...reminds me of a curry or something like that...weird!..the oly other cd i have that "smells" is a madonna music cd..

it's sure a fantastic cd of models for cars,boat,military stuff and a few V hi poly animals...the textures are great though as well!

later..now i've sniffed it i'm suddenly hungry!

steve g

Lamont
03-02-2004, 12:35 PM
That's it!! Curry!! When I smell it, it reminds me of India, and my Indian friends homes...