PDA

View Full Version : Help...

D.Smith
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Hello ,

I have a Major problem,

T3 will not run.

If I double click on the start-up icon, the vt3 normal logo start-up screen will appear, takes a while to come up though.
Then after about 3 sec's. a Wnrtm.Exe has generated errors, the program will be shut down now, Will appear.

The T3 title screens stays in place, hit Ctrl VT, it will go away.

I have tried restarts, Full reboots. Kill Wnrtm does not seem to be doing anything.
Can not seem to get past the error message, no matter what I try.....

T3 was working perfectly the night before.
I am under a time crunch what can I do????
Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

D. Smith

Jim Capillo
03-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I would just do an uninstall/reinstall of the software. Takes 15 minutes or so and then you can eliminate that if it doesn't take care of the problem.

bradl
03-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Try to login as a different user an run VT3. You will get a new set of configs and the like. Maybe one of yours got hosed. If that works finish your project then you can snoop around afterwards.

Also power down, and reseat your boards and cables. If nothing is working you can get more aggressive, like running 'Opps I essed up my config' utility or Auto-config or a re-install.

One other thing I remember some saying causes a problem is overheating. Check to see if a case fan or CPU fan is out. Try shutting down completely and letting it cool for 20 or 30 minutes then try to launch it.

Good luck. If you do re-install, don't forget to back up your data, presets and the like.

Good luck.

Paul Lara
03-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I'd suggest the following:

- power down and remove/reseat your card
- before launching VT[3], run the "oops" batch file in the root VT3 folder
- Try to launch VT[3]. If still a no-go, uninstall/re-install

D.Smith
03-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info,

Jim, what part of the software are you saying to reinstall?
Just the latest patch by itself, is that posible?

"do an uninstall/reinstall of the software. Takes 15 minutes"

When ever I have done an install it takes about an hour???

Regaurding Heat:

Not a problem.

This is strange, not a thing had changed on the computer when this happend. No new installs, no hardware changes....

Thanks for any help

Doug

Jim Capillo
03-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by D.Smith
Thanks for the info,

Jim, what part of the software are you saying to reinstall?
Just the latest patch by itself, is that posible?

"do an uninstall/reinstall of the software. Takes 15 minutes"

When ever I have done an install it takes about an hour???

I would uninstall everything (with the exception of the content) and then reinstall. What are your system specs? Shouldn't take an hour....... unless you're running a 133 PII..... :p

What software version do you have? You may need to install the latest build and then the patch on top of it. Someone else will have to chime in with the numbers..... I've lost count and have CRS. :D

ted
03-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I've got the un-re-install down to about 25 minutes, with the most time being taken up by my over paranoid re-boot between most every step and search of files that haven't been left behind for many versions.
I could do it quicker, but it ain't worth shaving a few minutes if you make a mistake that takes hours to troubleshoot.

I wish you luck!