PDA

View Full Version : How to dissolve an obj

the3eb
03-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I all.
I need a quickly help, I' m doing an animation and I can't use a post production software, so I only have LW.
I wanna dissolve a single layer without lost more time.
I know that the obj generally become transparent if I use the dissolve parameter, but it takes two hours and I have 20 obj to do.
There is a LScript or a plug in that do what I need.

Thanx

mkiii
03-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Stop me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds to me like you are rendering a frame, moving things a little bit, rendering a frame, moving things a little bit......

You don't need to do stop frame animation, so why would it take 2 hours to select a few objects & set keys for the dissolve parameter?

just use the spreadsheet & select all the objects. You can set an envelope for all the objects at once in there.

the3eb
03-01-2004, 05:15 PM
The problem is the rendering time, cause if you try to set the dissolve parameter to 100% at the Key 40 between this and the Zero LW calculates it as a trasparent object and this take more time.
I' m searching for a Script or an Expression or a Plug-in, and also about the crashing of the spreadsheet.

Thanx

bradl
03-02-2004, 08:38 PM
You could render two passes, background and foreground. Then using LW's Compositing (Scene Tab) quickly fade foreground in or out.

the3eb
03-03-2004, 02:06 AM
I finish my work in another way. I didn' t use dissolve parameter.

Anyway, if I need to use it in the future can someone clear my mind about it.
For example, I rendered some still frames with dissolved object on a level and below it I have other objects. I wanna see the belowed object with a kind of trasparency one above, but when i saw the image, I received a bad news.
The belowed obj didn' appear!
Why? Is the only way the trasparency parameter?

Thanx to all, tomorrow I' ll know if my work is a good one or not.
I' ll have a studio presentation at the university and I'm still working on image composing.

digimassa
03-03-2004, 04:12 AM
:cool: Buon giorno, I think you have to use some alpha channel to composite semi transparent layers, LW includes alpha with 32 bit images or check in render options/ output for dedicated alpha output. Ciao