PDA

View Full Version : Must have Rig file

WilliamVaughan
03-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Gotta love teh character picker! What a great guy to donate this to all of us! Send him a thank you :)

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/jbd/web/eng_files.html

cresshead
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
cool looks like how you work i motion builder...neat!
best part is the graphic you can place of your character as well

will have to try n find some time to try it out!

cheers proton for the "heads up" on this

steve g

agrippa
03-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Okay...prolly a dumb question, but I'm getting a script error when trying to run the JCharacterPicker75c.lsc script. Says that it was not compiled for this architecture...Any suggestions??

agrippa

Stranger3D
03-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Great :eek:

nawDsign
03-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Has anyone tested this on the Mac? Does it work?

Nor

FniNe
03-01-2004, 01:59 PM
First of all, thanks for this post William!

Lightwave 7.5c it's necessary to make sure all scripts works fine, but I've tried the scenes in 7.0 and they work fine.
As far as I know, all files work fine on Mac, with LW7.5c, but I didn't check all files out personaly.

I hope this rig is useful for someone.

(I know.. I'm saying the same thing that I said in your forum William... :rolleyes: , but I just had to say it :) )

riki
03-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Looks nice and clean, many thanks

dpartridge
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
thank jacabo.

i loved the original character picker and can't believe it got so much better.

you rule!

Capt Lightwave
03-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Wow, really neat stuff!!!
Thanks

Emmanuel
03-02-2004, 09:53 AM
This is AWESOME :eek:

nawDsign
03-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Nice.. gonna take a bit of time to learn.

Exper
03-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Great one! :D

jjburton
03-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Very slick, however, I REALLY hope that speed increases are vastly improved in 8. interactivity is slow for me in LW in all but most simple rigs. I'm animating on a friends project that happens to be in Maya and speed interaction is phenomenal and it is a very complicated rig. I'd really like to keep animating in LW, but I hope greatly that speed of ik has been increased in 8.

nawDsign
03-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Can I use the rig for my characters? If yes, even if they are different in sizes?

thanks,
Nor

koots
03-02-2004, 02:11 PM
i am not sure if i get this... with LW8 why would this be helpful. sorry for the newbie question, even though i am not so mewbie
-jonn

FniNe
03-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad it's useful for somebody.

nawDsign: yes, you can use THIS rig for your characters. To make rigging process easy, I've included a macro (*.cs file) that makes the IK arms rig automatically (turn it to FK is easy, but I'll upload another macro to make that). You just need to use the same skelegons. For example: copy the skelegons (from the characters included in this rig) into your character, and adjust them (don't remove or create any skelegon in this step). Load your character into layout, select it, make sure parent in place is ON, load the macro in LSCommander and run it. That's all.

I'll post updates of this rig and scripts in my website soon.

FniNe
03-02-2004, 09:49 PM
agripa: "...but I'm getting a script error when trying to run the JCharacterPicker75c.lsc script. Says that it was not compiled for this architecture...Any suggestions?? "

I was checking the scripts out and they work fine in all computers where I've used. Make sure you have installed the last lscript version (lcore3.dll), but you should if you're using lw 7.5c. I'm working with 2.6.1

pixelranger
03-03-2004, 08:45 AM
FniNe: Thanks, man. Looks great!

koots: Do you really think that when lw8 ships all you have to do is press the "make rig" button and *whoop* your character is rigged with controls, limits, IK, morphs and all?

FniNe
03-03-2004, 01:18 PM
pixelranger: you're welcome! :)

I've updated a coulpe of things. If you guys check it out I'd appreciate your comments or sugestions to make it better.
I'll update it once in a while.

www.jacobobarreiro.com

(Misc -> Files section).

j.

nawDsign
03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks jacobo! I'll try it on my character and see.

i am not sure if i get this... with LW8 why would this be helpful. sorry for the newbie question, even though i am not so mewbie
-jonn

I won't be getting LW8 anytime soon. NO $$ for it yet. This will do just fine thanks.

Nor

agrippa
03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
jacabo-

LOVE this rig!! Had a bit of brainfade over the use at first, but a bit of fiddling with it and came up with this:

Lipsync Test QT (http://www.mechanism.com/mov/lipsync_test_5.mov)

Apologies in advance to Proton for taking a few liberties with his model... :)
Looking forward to seeing what else pops out.

Thanks again-

agrippa

druitre
04-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I D/L the rig half an hour ago... and am already flying! Love it, two thumbs up and you're a saint for putting it for free on the net. Best part for me is the 'mesh hidden' view, with only the boxes.

nawDsign
05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Has anyone else try this rig with two characters in a scene with the same rig? I tried it but have difficulties selecting characters with the character picker. Can only select the first character loaded into the scene. Any suggestions?

GREAT STUFF BY THE WAY!

thanks,
Nor

SplineGod
05-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by nawDsign
Can I use the rig for my characters? If yes, even if they are different in sizes?

thanks,
Nor
The idea behing the rig file format and the new bone tools is that rigs can be saved and reused. If the sizes are different you can use the scale command in the setup tools to be it close and then use the other tools to get it to fit. :)