PDA

View Full Version : Excellent customer service

paulrus
03-01-2004, 06:36 AM
It seems that most people are quick to take the time to post complaints, but not so quick to post compliments.

I just wanted to take a moment and say that I recently had to deal with Ben Wells at NewTek and he was simply great.

I don't want to bore everyone with details, so lets just say there was a problem, Ben called me at work and had everything solved in a matter of minutes.

I've had so many BAD customer service dealings that I was really ready for a fight when I started talking to him. It was a pleasant surprise to have someone actually interested in solving the problem instead of making excuses like a lot of companies do.

Great job NewTek!

Paul

xeno3d
03-01-2004, 06:46 AM
I have to agree.. any time i've had to deal with NewTek's customer service or tech support thay have been ecellent! :)

Wade
03-01-2004, 08:26 AM
They have always been good to me. Pruchases, upgrades, and dongle swaps have all gone as planed.

:)

Meaty
03-01-2004, 08:35 AM
When I first ordered lightwave 6.5... the CD came and it was cracked physically! Newtek sent one out faster than I could say "HAZZA!" and I was up and running in no time.

Another time, they helped me with something that I won't go into detail about. Lets just say they made an exception for my situation and it was very generous of them.

I very much appreciate their friendly and helpful support staff!

Yes, i am a Newtek fanboy, but for good reason =]

Hervé
03-01-2004, 09:39 AM
very friendly indeed...;)

MiniFireDragon
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Yes yes!! My phone dealing have always been fast woth newtek, as for email, that is slow. But hey... phone is good!

cresshead
03-01-2004, 10:35 AM
yeah when i got lw7 and wanted to use it with lightscape 3.2 which the plugin is stuck at lw 5.6..that's a discreet plugin not newtek's so really discreet should have sorted it..but newtek sent me a 5.6 version of lightwave tied to my usb dongle for free!!

this simply would never happen with discreet or alias..NEWTEK are amazing and truly stand out from the crowd of PC application porducers.

cheers newtek!

badllarma
03-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Well i have to admit hey have been great for me and I am going to bore you all heres how I got my licence

Bought from another studios based in the US (I'm in the UK) as lightwave 6 for mac (I only run PC's!)
licence trasfer via Newtek USA to Newtek Europe then upgrade from 6 for Mac to 7.0 for PC plus dongle change etc.. Also just to add another into the equasion had a $50.00 bill via Newtekpro to knock off the final up grade price!

The things you do for a bargin!! But I had no problems at all and all went very smoothly whenever I've contacted Newtek Europe via email always had very prompt answers to questions and queries.

A++++ would use this company again :D

hrgiger
03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes, I just orederd a new dongle and I had it by the next week and that was even over the holidays. Although, I was a little surprised that they called asking for their old dongle a mere four days later. But I was glad they sent it out first without me having to send my old one in.

Carm3D
03-01-2004, 01:44 PM
hrgiger,

they did the same for me... Nice people.. I didn't take four days to send the old one back though.. So no calls. :cool:

riki
03-01-2004, 03:03 PM
I sent a question to Newtek's Tech Support just before Christmas, and I still haven't recieved a reply, three months later. Not so great in my book.

xeno3d
03-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Riki, have you tried calling them and talking to a live person? I've sent emails to countless companies and have never gotten a response. It's worth a shot :)

riki
03-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi xeno3d, I'll give that a go next time. I'm just wonderring if they only handle US Tech Support Questions. Maybe we're supposed to direct tech support questions to our local reseller? Not too sure??

Original1
03-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by riki
Hi xeno3d, I'll give that a go next time. I'm just wonderring if they only handle US Tech Support Questions. Maybe we're supposed to direct tech support questions to our local reseller? Not too sure??

Try both,

Why shouldn't your local reseller help he made a profit from the sale, just be aware that some are more knowledgable than others, and cultivate good contacts.

Its always a good idea to have a local contact who is knowledgable and who will answer quick questions either by phone or the forums.

Mine was Andy Bishop who used to be with AMG FX

but NEWTEK Europe or Newtek in the States have always answered stuff swiftly , but if you use this stuff for work you need answers fast

I routinely ask in more than one place,hoping for the first answer back and also post answers if I have time

riki
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Original1
Why shouldn't your local reseller help he made a profit from the sale, just be aware that some are more knowledgable than others, and cultivate good contacts.

True they should help. But I've often wonderred how qualified they are to answer tech support questions.

Titus
03-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes, techincal support by mail is not a good option. I'm cool.