PDA

View Full Version : Frame Reversal?

arnoldawson
03-01-2004, 06:33 AM
I am putting together an animation that consists of a large number of scenes. It is of a unit being taken apart, mended, and then put back together.
For the putting back together I could use the first twenty scenes running backwards but they would need some modifications such as camera angles etc. What I would really like to do is reverse the frame order in copies of each of these scenes and then do the mods.
Unfortunately I cannot find a way in Lightwave to do the frame reversals automatically and am trying to avoid having to do them frame by frame.
Does anyone know of a quick way of doing this?

I only have a very primitive video editor which does not support running clips backwards.

3D|Dave
03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
You could use a compositing program or an editing system for this.

Dave

Axis3d
03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
You could use Cyclist, in the Motions Panel. One null can easily create control the movements of things coming apart, then back together again. Open the Motions Panel for each keyframed piece, then add the Cyclist plugin. Add a null to your scene and tell it to be the controller for the objects.

Here is an excerpt from an earlier thread:

If you have a machine object with a few moving parts, then you need to open the Motions Panel for each object and add the Cyclist plugin that comes with Lightwave. First, you would add a null object to your scene, which will be the controller. Then, in the Cyclist panel for each moving object you would tell it to use the null as the Cycle Controller, then select whichever channel of the null you want to control it ( Position X, for example). After each of the keyframed objects is set up, then all you need to do is animate the null object along the X axis and your machine with all its moving parts will be controlled. You can even animate the null on the X moving in the opposite direction and the machine will animate backwards.

arnoldawson
03-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Thanks a lot. I shall give it a try.