PDA

View Full Version : Compy out..VT in?

prospector
02-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I wanna try something but don't wanna blow something so I better ask first.

Using a S_ video out from Video card to VT in.
Would this work?
Without blowing some card.
I need way to record computer work to tape, but without getting all that no-scan line equipment.:(

And all the equipment I have has no s-video in but they do have out . But VT has s-video in:)

And using a desktop recorder is not in the cards, as what I see from various websites, it's too choppy and degraded.

Could do this on the Amiga without running wires back into Toasterboard, but haven't found way to do on PC.

Thanks

kleima
02-29-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't think that would hurt anything. But, have you looked at this: http://techsmith.com/

kleima
02-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Actually, you might get a feedback loop if you have a TVision open. If it wasn't so late, I would probably actually think hard enough to give you a more difinitive statement, here.

bradl
02-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Should work but of course your capture would be 720X486 which probably would not look so good for such a large canvas with lots of small text and menus.

I agree that a Vision Monitor would show a feedback loop but not a tight one, more like the infinite mirror look.

Camtasia captures I have watched (there's a bunch on the Newtek FTP server) look fine and not jerky to me.

prospector
02-29-2004, 01:22 PM
yea..720 X 486 is what I need (going to video but wanna put cuts and such from VT2 in before going to DVD or tape).

Woulda liked to stay on same compy (less degradation) but may end up going to the Amiga Flyer then back to the PC.
I found my S-Video card for it after 3 weeks of looking thru boxes and boxes of equipment.:)

Hopefully the signal from NVidia card is same as a Hi-8 camera so I don't blow the Amiga.