PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8 to be released March 22

Beamtracer
02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
This is just for the Mac users who never read the Community forum.

D-Storm, who helped develop Lightwave 8, and are the major distributors of Lightwave in China and Japan, announced that it is "official" that Lightwave 8 will be released on March 22.

D-Storm website in China (Chinese language):
http://www.dstorm.com.cn/news/51.html

BABELFISH (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) computerized translation:

The good news, LightWave the 3D newest edition 8.0 soon goes on the market

Everybody always pays attention LightWave the 3D newest edition 8.0 officially will go on the market to March 22, 2004. LightWave 3D is field most formidable section three dimensional animation software, it has the field to be famous formidable exaggerates the engine, the simple and direct highly effective modelling tool, the perfect dynamics performance, only has three dimensional animation software which the Chinese edition chooses; Its newest edition 8.0 was increased the massive new functions as well as many original functions synthesis enhancement, brought the improvement as well as stable and the efficiency promotion which was the whole work flows. About 8.0 increases the function the specify, everybody mayrefer.

Birtv unfolds at the meeting since August, 2003 LW8.0 has issued in China, has aroused the multitudinous three dimensional animation amateur's widespread interest, we have also received innumerable LightWave the 3D amateur about deigning to inquire which when 8.0 goes on the market, in this, we to everybody since expressed the loyal thanks, have thank everybody continuously to the LightWave 3D support and the care!

For better thanks general LightWave the 3D amateur to our support, we decided from today, 8.0 officially goes on the market to March 22, in every this period of time purchases LightWave the 3D 7.5 users, at the appointed time may the free promotion to LightWave the 3D 8.0 Chinese editions; On March 22 gets up, every purchases LightWave the 3D 8.0 English versions the user to be allowed the free promotion to LightWave the 3D 8.0 Chinese editions. This but the once in a thousand years good opportunity, general LightWave the 3D amateur surely did not have to miss

A fix for Panther will be here soon!

Darth Mole
02-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Kinda makes sense given that the pre-order offer ends March 21st. Wonder if that's just the Japanese language version though...

pdrake
02-28-2004, 05:30 PM
it's chinese.

china is .cn
japan is .jp

mkiii
02-28-2004, 08:41 PM
...not to mention the fact that China & Chinese Edition are mentioned about 4 times in the text. :P

Darth Mole
02-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Picky [email protected]

Bona
02-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi guys, I'm a chinese-speaking LW user in Hong Kong, please allow me to translate the news fr D-Storm Shanghai in "human english" ; )
I've been around for quite sometime and learn a lot from your posts, it's time for me to make some contribution :

----------------

The focus of everyone - LightWave 3D ver 8.0, will hit the market on 22/3/2004. LW 3D is the most powerful 3D software in the industry, having the famous powerful rendering engine, highly efficient modeling tools, perfect dynamic presentation, and it's the only choice in 3D softwares with Chinese version. The latest version 8.0 included many new functions and better integration with original functions, which brings better workflow, stability and efficiency. For more details on new functions in 8.0, please go to...

Since Aug 2003, the debut of LW8.0 at Birtv exhibition in China, it catches the focus of the many 3D fans and we've recd so many enquiries about the date of release. We want to thank you all for your great supports and concerns.

To repay for the great supports of LW3D fans, starting from today till the release of 8.0 on 22/3, users buying LW 7.5 within this period will get a free upgrade to LW 8.0. Starting from 22/3, users who bought English version 8.0 could upgrade to Chinese version for free. This is a golden opportunity for LW fans, so don't miss it.

-----------------

Yea, version 8 will be release on 22/3 in China, but it didn't mention anything about Mac. : d
Although the videos of 8 looks very attractive, I'm going to wait for the reviews of real users before ordering the upgrade. My major use of LW is just for stills, FPrime likely be my next purchase.

Best rgds,

b o n a

Beamtracer
02-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi Bona,
Thanks for your great translation. It's much easier to read than the BabelFish version!

Bona
03-01-2004, 01:42 AM
You're welcome Beam, Chinese press releases always use a lot of puffing terms that would fool the computer translators.

BTW, the link you posted above is downed today, perhaps the date of release is being postponed.

Actually, Chinese version is not essential for most pros here because most plug-ins and web resources are in English only, I'd prefer a bug-free version instead of a localized version. If NT thinks localization is a major factor in choosing 3D tools, it would be a bad move.

Best rgds,

b o n a

riki
03-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Sweet news, that's only a few weeks off, just in time for Easter.

Beamtracer
03-01-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Bona
BTW, the link you posted above is downed today Ah. Maybe Newtek told D-Storm to pull it down.

Originally posted by Bona
If NT thinks localization is a major factor in choosing 3D tools, it would be a bad move.You may find that it's D-Storm, not Newtek, that makes the Chinese version of Lightwave.

Bona
03-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Ah I see, thank you for your correction. :p

Ge4-ce
03-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Now that the word is out.. could we get an official reaction from Newtek?

Chuck.. what do you think about March 22? ;)

Looks like a fine date to me.. but when you guys say.. earlier.. I would not mind at all..

Jimzip
03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't think so fellas..
Still, if it did come out then, that would be perfect, just in time for me to use it for my major piece this year.. Also, I can ask for it for my birthday!

Jimzip :D