PDA

View Full Version : damn particles (LW 6.5b)

Neural Riptide
03-13-2003, 08:35 PM
I have a scene that contains 2 partigon emittors.

Each on is set to come on at frame 14 in the animation. the particle lives are set to 240 frames. Each have the same vector/gravity info. One has a birthrate of 25, the other 100.

85 frames after the emission of particles begins, all the particles from the generator at 100 per second dissappear. The open GL still shows the dots that represent the particles, but the Open GL dots that represent the color of the particles goes away, and they stop rendering at the same time. I've double checked this.. the particle life is set to 240. When I lower the birthrate to 50 or lower, the amount of time they last goes a little further, but it always ends up that at one point they ALL simply stop rendering (all at once, nothing to do with lifespan).

Does ANYone have a clue on why this is happening?

Skonk
03-14-2003, 04:43 AM
Set the total number of particles higher? i think its 1000 by default, so after its chucked out 1000 particles it stops spawning anymore.

James..

Neural Riptide
03-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Well see.. that's the thing. the limit is set to 5000.
It seems there are 2 things that show up in Open GL when it comes to particles.
the little blue dot apparently shows the position of the particle, then, in my case, there is a red dot representing the surface of the particle (I know this, because if I change the surface color to yellow, it changes in the Open GL view).
So, at exactly frame 99, regardless of thier age, the particles vanish, except for thier position indicator. So the little blue dots keep on flowing and bouncing and being spit out by the emittor, but they no longer render....

:confused:

Lamont
03-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Did you sync up the particle size with the animation? Can you post some screene shots of the settings?