PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a new demo reel!

HowardM
02-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Here is my 20 meg zip/QT (http://www.3dink.com/smallfinal.zip) demo reel. Tell me what you think?

...and send some work my way! :D

Thanks for viewing!

veljko
02-28-2004, 02:11 AM
cool real
-there were some great stuff in it!

wingwalker
02-28-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi Howard

Great reel!!!

There was one part that concerned me about it.

You have the bit with the ball going around the shiney square thing, and then have the two boxes at the top.

The ball thing went on for to long and i kept looking at the other two boxes to see whats happening there and than back at the ball to see if it was doing anything different...it didnt seem to be so back to the other two boxes and they were in the middle of something else that i didnt catch the begining of.

I just found it to confusing.

The work i did see in the little boxes looked great and I think you should give it more publicity by makin it full screen.

Some great all round work...should get you some new jobs:D

Rob T

TSpyrison
02-28-2004, 08:00 AM
I agree with wingwalker about the shiny water and ball bit with the 2 boxes at the top. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to look at...

I LOVE what you did with the football player running and all. Care to share how you got that effect? :)

Out of curiosity, Were all those real projects or projects you assigned yourself for the creation of your demo reel?

Its all pretty damn good..

:)

HowardM
02-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone! :p

I made the water/particles shot like that because A. half those animations are low res tests that I never got to render fullscreen, and B. Im applying for a pfx job this weekend and have no time to render fullscreen, so I made that shot a montage and hope that the viewer will watch that segment a few times!

But more people have mentioned the length, and Im starting to wonder if a reel viewer will ever rewind? :p

Wonder if I cut it up, mixed between shots like the football stuff...that would help eh?

Oh and to learn how to do the football effects, go to www.chicagospots.com
Great AE tutorial!

Thanks!

oxyg3n
02-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Howard,

I like your demo. I noticed that you put all of your MD tests in there with the water.

Did you do all those animations for HDnet for fun or was that for work??

HowardM
02-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Fun?! Well, ya, but it was for HDnet, who I work for! :p

Ive listened to everyones suggestions and polished the reel to perfection, if I do say so myself!
Thanks to all of you who helped!
Im very happy with the final!
:bounce:
Final Demo 2003 (www.3dink.com/FinalMedium2003.zip) - 18megs

Enjoy!

veljko
02-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Hi- did you make thoes effects with the football players in LW or after effects?

thx!

btw. i tried to find the tutorials you mentioned on the creative cow but with no luck...
if you have an url please send it my way!

HowardM
02-29-2004, 02:52 AM
After Effects (http://www.creativecow.net/articles/oneil_bill/as_matte/index.html) :p with some LW for particles and volumetrics!

adrian
03-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Fantastic demo reel Howard!

Adrian.

HowardM
03-03-2004, 08:19 AM
:p