PDA

View Full Version : Finished Architect Drawing a Landscape

Exception
02-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Ok I finished it. I rendered it twice more over and it didnt improve, so I bump it from the WIP forum in here.

Yay for serenity.

Exception
02-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Ok, a few small changes. Spot the 4 differences : )

dwburman
02-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Umm there are dividers in the windows. I don't see the difference under the desk though.

Photoshop's difference layer transfer mode is a bit of a cheat though :)

overall it's a cool picture. Too sharp (building) and too even (grass) for photoreal but the colors, composition and over all feel are great.

Exception
03-01-2004, 05:26 AM
Butbut...its not PS's difference layer...
Its a new render with the dividers applied, then I cut out the window and placed it in the old render.

Im working on more uneven grass. : )

Mclaren
03-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Looking good.

dwburman didn't mean you used PS's difference layer. That's what he used to compare your two images and find the differences between the two. His result was the pic he posted. :)

pixym
03-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Nice rendering but the "POSER" look of the Architect does not look good :(

Exception
03-02-2004, 06:08 AM
Ah I get it. Smart move.

: )

Anyway, yes, dont we all hate poser... It probably needs hair to get rid of it, or otherwise another shirt?

I did another grass test, with a tree this time. Its a movie, you can see it here: http://www.except.nl/stuff/grasboomtest.avi (1.1 mb - XviD codec ). That took about 40 seconds per frame to render (low antialiassing, motion blur normal, on a P4 2.4).

I have added a particle emitter in the tree now and simulate some leaves flying out of it. Also added a building in the background... Its currently rendering and taking 7 minutes per frame, and thats too long. Ill post the new animation whendone.