PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Erik Wernquist

BeeVee
02-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi all,

We spoke to Erik, the creator of the Annoying Thing about hair care products, the Annoying Thing and astronomy. You can read all about him here:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/wernquist/1.html

Even if you've already seen The Annoying Thing, get the one from our site! It's higher resolution and so much more detailed...

B

xtrm3d
02-28-2004, 02:26 AM
whhooaaa..
erik is such a great artist ..
i really like his stil..

no matter what some german people are telling on the german forum

you guys at nt europe are doing a great job !!!

BeeVee
03-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Some people will always say unjust things <shrugs> That's life. I just wish my German was better so that I could tear them off a strip or two... :)

B

cresshead
03-01-2004, 04:26 AM
just remind them "who won the war" in a basil fawlty voice!
...you started it...
no i didn't!
yes you did!...you invaded poland!

...not exactly politacally correct but what the heck..make me laugh everytime!

Lightwolf
03-01-2004, 04:46 AM
cresshead:
"Don't mention the war!"

Mike - marching around with a raised right arm and a finger under his nose. ;)

P.S. It took me some time until I could laugh about that.

cresshead
03-01-2004, 06:15 AM
yes, war is not funny..[see saving private ryan before you decide to sign up to join the army,navy etc]

but then so is "dissing" newtek in a language where they cannot respond as they are not able to understand it fully and make their point in return.

steve g

Lightwolf
03-01-2004, 06:31 AM
Hi Steve...

Originally posted by cresshead
yes, war is not funny..[see saving private ryan before you decide to sign up to join the army,navy etc]
... Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Apocalypse Now...

but then so is "dissing" newtek in a language where they cannot respond as they are not able to understand it fully and make their point in return.
Actually, I'm never around on the german boards.. Hm, may be I should, give NT a bit of backing there :)
Cheers,
Mike

cresshead
03-01-2004, 07:08 AM
our conversation is getting a little off topic!

i think we agree that newtek europe had had some unfair press..

i really like their profiles on 3d artists on the europe site..i always send my students to have a look at the website whe there's a new one up.

steve g

BeeVee
03-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks Steve! I haven't forgotten our chat on the phone yesterday, but I've been up to my eyes in things today, so I haven't had the chance to call again... :)

B

cresshead
03-01-2004, 07:37 AM
okay no probs...been cleaning my cooker and hoovering!....geez i need a plugin to do this housework...now only if worley did one it'll been real fast and do a proper job of it!

later...

badllarma
03-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by cresshead
okay no probs...been cleaning my cooker and hoovering!....geez i need a plugin to do this housework...now only if worley did one it'll been real fast and do a proper job of it!

later...

:D
I'd wish he would bring one out for walking dogs it would add 2 hours production time to my working day. Something like the wrong trowsers would be cool that I could program the route on a 3D map in lightwave :)
There again all those cool 3D ideas I get when I'm walking him would be gone ;)

omeone
03-01-2004, 09:42 AM
People are abusing Erik - something to do with "The annoying Thing" ?? ugh dont know - dont want to...

Well, I'll just show my support anyway. Ive been watching the annoying thing from the first day it appeared on CGTalk, and love every single frame of it. Yes, Ive watched it frame by frame - a few times.
One of the very few animations I can (and do) watch over and over again, I even pull it out every now and again when I need cheering up. Its only opinion, but this reader loves it.
Thanks for sharing it Erik!
(and btw, great name - Erik - same a my youngest ;) )