PDA

View Full Version : So...what happened to the LW8 videos we were getting?

harlan
02-27-2004, 11:21 AM
It's been a while.

little5points
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
didn't Proton post 2 this week?

CoryC
02-27-2004, 11:33 AM
There were 4 posted this week:

- Mirror Hierarchy
- Copy Hierarchy
- Quicksaw Tools
- Divide Tools

blabberlicious
02-27-2004, 11:35 AM
they are probably too busy watching their mac user base melt-down over on the mac channel.

It makes Jerry Springer look like Sesame street.

:-)

jamesl
02-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Shut up, Harlan.

;)

pixym
02-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I have been asking Rendering enhancement demo for 2 weeks :mad:

WizCraker
02-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pixym
I have been asking Rendering enhancement demo for 2 weeks :mad:

Maybe there is none so they can't show them.

pixym
02-27-2004, 12:03 PM
That jars me on nerve :rolleyes:

hrgiger
02-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Copy heirarchy and mirror heirarchy should have been one video and Quicksaw and divide should have been one video. At least we're past the DI tools...at least I hope so. I hope we're going to get one more today.
Yeah, I'm not sure that much has been done as far as rendering enhancements go but it is supposed to be a little faster in LIghtwave 8. I'd sure like to see a benchmark between 7.5 and 8.

mattclary
02-27-2004, 12:51 PM
To be honest, I'm more eager to get F Prime than LW 8. :eek:

nawDsign
02-27-2004, 12:58 PM
second that.. matt

harlan
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Jamie,

email me at harlan[no-spam]@twilight-ent.com

obviously remove the [no-spam], but you already knew that didn't you.

now I'm shutting up. ;)

take care

Librarian
02-27-2004, 01:23 PM
I want more videos about the more advanced features of 8. More about IK Booster, Bone dynamics and character tools, the dopesheet in action..
Not these 50second DI Power tools demos
Sorry to say so, but they`re unnecessary.The vids, not the tools ;)
Most of us know how Power Tools works, no matter if it works in symmetry or multilayer now.
Newtek, show us the more impressive stuff :rolleyes:

DigiLusionist
02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
It takes a lot of time to do those clips. People actually expect Proton to do videos every day?

Come on. That's being unreasonable.

Librarian
02-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Nol that`s not the point. I appreciate the work of Proton, don`t want to make an assault upon him.
But instead of 5 small vids about features most of us already have in 7.5 with plugs, wouldn`t it be better to present a 5 or ten minute video about more advanced features once a week?

Nemoid
02-27-2004, 01:56 PM
I think this has been made because of the features web page with every tool related to a small video so that a person interested to one tool can watch it separately.

I love vids so I hope to see more of them soon. :)

DigiLusionist
02-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Librarian, my post wasn't directed at you. I think your posts make sense.

My comment is directed to others who don't seem to realize how labor-intensive it has been to do the fourteen videos he's already done. They expect him to release new videos every day and I think that's rather demanding.

hrgiger
02-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DigiLusionist
It takes a lot of time to do those clips. People actually expect Proton to do videos every day?

Come on. That's being unreasonable.

Well, actually Digilusionist, Proton is the one who said he was going to try and stick to one videdo a day. You can't blame us for hoping for a new video every day as we wait for Lightwave 8. I think a lot of us are being very patient considering the delay in the shipment of Lightwave 8. I know I've been sticking up for Newtek since the delay but I'm not going to get in the habit of defending Newtek if they keep promising us things and then not coming through. He also said that by doing one a day, he wasn't going to run out of things to demo before LW8 shipped. I certainly don't mind if he only occasionally does 3 or 4 like he did this week but I certainly expect him to try and stick to what he said.

Chuck
02-27-2004, 03:12 PM
We need a little slack here, if you can allow us. Proton is actually maintaining a rate of one per day average, for a five-day work week. If that comes out as several one day and then none for a couple, please bear with us patiently. So far he's up to something around 50 videos.

cresshead
02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
if this were the discreet max forum they'd be charging you $20 per video and call it an "e-learning module"
...no really!...

and they'd only make it available to subscription users who now basically RENT 3dsmax now...

some of really do not know just how well off you are with newtek and lightwave.

Discreet's grass is not green at all...more like grey and you have to pay to look at it.;)

harlan
02-27-2004, 03:47 PM
My sentiments exactly, librarian.

hrgiger
02-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Don't mind me, I'm just having a bad week...