PDA

View Full Version : better multipass exporter

pixelinfected
02-27-2004, 09:11 AM
lw hads many multipass exporter but need a more complex and flexible organization of it.
actually i use buffer save from Dstorm, but is not complete.
one plugin with different setup, and multifiles exported.

i think is good if multipass exporter can do something like this :

it can export every channel with some option like :

- exported file format can be choose for every single channel
- export embedded alpha or not for every channel (if file format support it)
- export motion buffer x e y blended or separated
- export can be at 8bit, 16bit, 32bit for channel
- export work with all shader and read by surface a correct info
- export a multicolored image like idsurface and id obj to build mask for software which not use rpf, or if you want to manipulate different part of obj with different filter without a complex combo.
- export a aftereffects file with a basic scene to use like pre comp
- enable to separate pass of shadow from diffuse channel (is a simple math operation between diffuse channel and shadow channel to have clean diffuse channel from shadow (for exeption of radiosity shadow naturally).

- exporter could build folders with name of channel to do a faster navigation and organization of files (try to navigate by lan in a folder with over 11.000 frames and you understand my problems, be cause saver save all in ones folder, and i must to move by hand (ehm i wrote a little application to do that, but is not a correct way to work).

yeah i know there is a render buffer export, but if i use it, to produce over 30 scenes, and for everyone of that, i must setup 9 time the plugin to export in different folder, and different pass, i need a lot of time for 180 setup....

guys
i have a clear idea of that plugin,
if you want i can build the interface for you,
but code to save correct pass is your work, i actually no have enought time to develop it ( i have many other thing to develop.... sorry);) ;)

if anyone have idea about it, tell me, and i cbuild interface for it, then we can post it here... and if someone (newtekdev) have a time, can develop it.

Nemoid
03-01-2004, 04:53 AM
I agree totally with these kinda enhancements and organization: really good points for an efficient workflow for great projects.
No time loose!! :D

JML
03-01-2004, 11:12 AM
i agree too,

a good thing would be if LW could sav all the layers in
a photoshop file , like right now , but where the layer
would be already put together with the correct settings such
as multiply,screen,linear light..etc.. and would exactly re-create
the same image that in LW..
with light layers for each light source..
that would be great..

Nemoid
03-01-2004, 02:14 PM
hehe..
hope this was fixed in some way for 8. i don't think is so difficult from a programming POV to get it to work the correct way. its a matter of testing correctly what you coded before shipping the app.