PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk comes out in MARCH

guardonduty
02-27-2004, 07:25 AM
I really believe LW8 was delayed to tie up a couple loose ends, incorporate some new features and release the product along with the others guys releases (ALIAS, AUTODESK, 3D MAX)

mattclary
02-27-2004, 07:37 AM
That doesn't really seem like Newtek's style. They are getting beat up for releasing late, there is nothing to be gained by waiting intentionally.

xeno3d
02-27-2004, 08:05 AM
March makes sense to me, with the special deals ending on the 21st.. The dev team has been working hard to clean everything up, add enhancements everywhere and features.. etc. March will be 3 months into '04 and I'm willing to bet it's 8's time to shine. :)

ballew
02-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by guardonduty
I really believe LW8 was delayed to tie up a couple loose ends, incorporate some new features and release the product along with the others guys releases (ALIAS, AUTODESK, 3D MAX)

I think that the delay might have more to do with Newtek waiting on Apple to get their problems with 10.3 ironed out so that Newtek could make sure that Mac version was fixed and would stay fixed.

Newtek has taken some big hits about their Mac version, whether or not its their fault, and they probably want to make sure that LW8 is the premier 3d app for the Mac without any reliability issues.

Craig