PDA

View Full Version : FBX Plugins for Mac??

WesM
02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Hey Guys,

I have tried to download the fbx plugins for mac on the Kaydara website with no luck. They have a download for an OSX version. I read the pdf file on how to install the plugins. It adds the fbxlw75.p to the input/output folder in the plugins folder.
When I try to add the plugin into LW, I get an error saying that no plugins found.
I can't get this to work at all. Is anyone using these plugins successfully on a mac?

I am on OS10.3 using LW 7.5build 572

Thanks,
Wes

Triple G
02-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Hmm....works fine for me with 7.5 on 10.2.6. Seems odd that Panther would be responsible for something like this...:confused:

mlinde
02-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Wes, I've got a copy of the installer (it installs the FBX plugin into the Applications/Lightwave 7.5/Plugins/Input-Output directory). It will be available at http://homepage.mac.com/mlinde/FileSharing.html until 5:00 PM MT today. Oh, and it installs fine under Panther.

The files are no longer available. It's 7:00 pm MT on 2/27/04.

WesM
02-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey MLinde,
THanks for posting the plugins, sorry that I missed the uploaded files. I just checked my email today. Would you mind emailing me the plugins installer? My email is
[email protected]

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Wes

Ade
02-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I wonder if Newtek implemented these plugs into lw8?
I think it would be wise to tout full support for FBX.

NonPlanar
03-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Yikes,

sorry I missed this post earlier...

anyway, you can fix this problem (Panther specific) by going to the actual files and resetting the ownership and permissions on them. Once you've done that they should install correctly.

I assume you may have figured this out already, but hopefully this info will help other users, (too).

NP