PDA

View Full Version : curves do not cross correctly

outkast
02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
hi

i'm spline patching sommething here i'm still verry new to spline patching ...how come i always get the same error

"curves do not cross correctly"

could somebody please explain how to make sure i don't get this error no more or atleast the reasson why this always shows....

i tryed looking in the manual for that error and how to fix it ...guess what ...its nowhere in the manual...

some help would be great cause i'm about to explode here:D

evenflcw
02-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Curves must be physically joined to eachother, and with that I mean that they must share the same point where they cross eachother.

This is one of those frequently asked questions, so a search (here and at CGTalk.com) will give you more info should you need it.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15225&highlight=curves+AND+cross+AND+correctly

outkast
02-26-2004, 04:24 PM
hi thanks for replying

i really dont understand this guys:(

i can't believe they don't put sommething like this in the manual:mad:

what do you mean with...

"Curves must be physically joined to eachother" "they must share the same point where they cross eachother. "

i know its allot to ask but is there annyone who could try and explain to me with the use of some pics

on annother topic they said

"All your curves must share the end points. "

don't get it...

(ps excuse my poor english guys)

SplineGod
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
I have a free video tutorial that shows spline patch modeling on my website. I would check that out. :)