PDA

View Full Version : DWG or DXF to LWO?

TunnelWalker
02-25-2004, 12:16 PM
I am so frustrated!!
I have had to turn away business on a number of occasions because I couldn't open someone's AutoCAD project to fly throught their new Shopping Mall, or someone elses new Library addition. Now I am faced with a Giant! civil engineering project of overpasses and off ramps etc, with very little time or budget to Re- architecture it from scratch, especially if they have the whole thing already built on their Microstation system.

Is this something that I personally can't figure out, or is it something that LW can't figure out. Or is it an issue of not being able to find the right documentation in our wonderful manuals.

Sorry, it frustrates me, and my owners, to constantly have to hand money over to our MAX competitors.

(Gotta Love LW, It's in my company policy manual.)

WizCraker
02-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Deep Exploration fro Right Hemisphere will do the trick.

Noclar7
02-25-2004, 12:25 PM
chill a little, I feel your pain, but it can be done, and lightwaves polygon modeling tools will help you get it done fast.

What you need to do is have whoever is giving you these Microstation or DWG files convert them to .DXF or .3DS files.
Open up modeler, choose load file, change filetype to "all files" and then load them up. then get to work.