gase3924
03-13-2003, 04:00 PM
i am frome macedonia
i think that this will be no problem

txanks:)

Matts
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Go to the Newtek store and buy one :)
Im pretty sure that UPS and Fed Ex ship worldwide ;)

gase3924
03-13-2003, 04:12 PM
yes but is very expensive
any other solution

BNA!
03-14-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by gase3924
yes but is very expensive
any other solution

Look on Ebay.

fourd
03-14-2003, 01:53 PM
bohoo...it's too expensive...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! sniff sniff...

Use Blender or Wings3D then..

P.S. Are you the same moron that's been asking this on CGTalk..Probably so.:mad:

mattclary
03-14-2003, 01:59 PM
You can get a copy of 5.6 that includes an upgrade to 7.5 from Safe Harbor right now for $995. Awesome deal! Hell, I think you can get 5.6 by itself there for $899 if that $100 is real important to you. It will be the best $999 dollars you ever spent, trust me.

LSlugger
03-14-2003, 03:13 PM
See newtek-europe.com for a list of authorized resellers. There is one, called PANTER, in Macedonia.

Here in the U.S., the LightWave is discounted from $1,600 to $400 for students. I suspect NewTek Europe has similar discounts. If you are not in school, you may be able to qualify by taking a distance learning class, such as those offered by Larry Shultz or Dan Ablan.

In the mean time, you may find the Discovery Edition useful. While it is limited to 400 points per layer, you can use multiple layers and subdivision surfaces to make non-trivial models. You may find it difficult to follow some tutorials. For example, to follow the eye animation tutorial on NewTek's site, I had to cut off most of the head to get under 400 points.

fourd
03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
This dood's been trying to get pirated LW for a long while now.

But to be civil about it now...

I bought LW7.5 from the Newtek Forum right here. at the bottom of the page where it says, "Things for sale"...for the low low price of $630!!!

Can't get much cheaper than that.

gase3924
03-14-2003, 07:43 PM
ok here is my real problem
i realy realy want to work in lightwave but is very expensive
if i colect money i will have to colect more then 3-4 years becasuse i am geting 1$ a day and i am useing them to buy food at school
so it will take me more years to colect money to buy LW
i have tryed with LWDE but there i cant even save a scene
no use
mu parent are getting 300-350$ a month together
so can anyone help me or not
by the way i talked with PANTER in macedonia and they are selling LW for 1500 euros
for that money my parents have to work 5 months
that is just inposible
so can anyone tell me a solution for my problem
txanks

anim8torguy
03-15-2003, 05:28 AM
WAIT TILL YOU HAVE THE GODDAM MONEY THEN !

Just like the rest of us once did.

colkai
03-15-2003, 07:07 AM
To play the nice guy here.. Might I suggest?

If you can't use Lightwave properly, and it's too expensive, try picking up some freeware 3D programs.
An alternative may be to ask someone from the likes of the UK to mail you a copy of say 3DWorld or PCFormat with a CD on which has a fully functional 3D software package on.
Over the last few years, things like Truespace 3.0SE and Bryce 2.0 have been on, which normally include not only PDF versions of the manuals, but hints on learning how to use the package as well.

That way you won't upset anyone whilst getting a real good introduction to 3D. The likes of Truesape have several areas on the Web as well for training materials and public domain scenes/models.

(Just thought I'd be nice for a change :cool: )

LSlugger
03-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Is the educational discount available in Europe? In the U.S., a student can get LightWave for $400, a 75% discount. Note that it cannot be used commercially and it cannot be resold.

Otherwise, I have to agree that a cheaper solution is more realistic. The user gallery in 3D World Magazine is usually filled with work created with expensive packages, like Maya, LightWave, PhotoShop, and Deep Paint. However, a recent issue contained a nice image created with Blender and PhotoPaint. Blender is free and PhotoPaint for Linux is free of charge. Demonstrated skill with any package will help you land an internship or a job, where you will get training and access to higher-end tools.

High-end 3D software is expensive, but it is getting cheaper. LightWave has dropped from $2,500 to $1,600. Maya has dropped from $7,000 to $2,000. This puts it in reach of the "prosumer," but is not quite mainstream. Meanwhile, low-end 3D software is getting better. Indeed, Blender is now free software, paving the way for projects like integration with the Open Dynamics Engine (http://q12.org/ode/ode.html).

I'm sorry your request has met with some hostility, but many of the users here made sacrifices to pay for their own copy of LightWave. Some of them, who paid higher prices in the past, consider the current pricing a bargain.

colkai
03-15-2003, 01:59 PM
I'd be one of those that has made sacrifices ;)
I use LW for ahooby, justifying the cost was a one off, I've managed to get a couple of upgrades, but I'm realistic that it isn't likely to be the case all the time.

As Lslugger said, just because you see lots of images done with Maya & LW does not mean the package gives the talent. Check out the povray site (www.povray.org ?) for confirmation of that.
Povray has always been free! (In fact, I used Povray & Moray (the modeller) to create quiet a few images - including a first run of my LivingRoom ... Povray Livingroom (http://www.colkai.dsl.pipex.com/miscwork/lroom005.jpg)

-Colkai

isnowboard
03-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Gase3924,

Living in Macedonia, I feel for the guy, because the price of Lightwave in North America is only a small fraction of your annual income, where as in Macedonia, I would believe it's much, much higher. That said, you're not going to get anywhere with your current method to solve you software inadequacies. Your best legal solution, as mentionned above, is to use a freeware program like Blender or Wings3D. I admire your enthusiasm for wanting to use Lightwave, but you're honestly not going to get far unless you're going for the pity vote and some rich philantropist decides to shell out some dough for you. Then watch 'ya going to do when you see the price of the upgrade in 6 to 12 months time?

Good luck. Money is hard to come by these days and everyone understands that working in 3D is a lot of fun. Beggars can't be choosers, so if free is all you can get, some of the free programs like Wings3D will serve you well.

MikeFrHoweTx
03-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Well Gase, I was SOOOÖ. SOOOÖ moved by your story, that I was going to donate you my LW copy and doogle when I realized your real dilemma! Making only $1 a day Wonít even pay for a computerís electric cost for 1 day of rendering and you will probably need a REAL computer with a good graphic card to run LW (graphic card is 4 months of your pay). You really should focus on food, clothing and shelter for your familyís situation. You have inspirited me to give a donation to my favorite charity http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/www_usn.nsf for food for the poor in your name! Please post your address here so they can send you a thankyou card and/or maybe one of my fellow LW philanthropists may donate(LW or PC) to your cause? Good Luck and Never give up Mike

gase3924
03-17-2003, 03:29 AM
lol.lol.lol
i am not saying that i am poor
i am saying that LW is too much for macedonian people
i have computer 1300Mh 254ram geeforce2 64ram and 40gigas hard disk
is this enought
computers are cheap here
for 1500euros i can get the best computer in macedonia:)
so can you tell me where can i find free 3dprograms???
regards GASE

mattclary
03-17-2003, 06:38 AM
by the way i talked with PANTER in macedonia and they are selling LW for 1500 euros
for that money my parents have to work 5 months
that is just inposible

So you can afford a good computer for 1500 Euros, but not LightWave? Not going to get much sympathy from me...

Do a google search for "blender and 3d" or "wings and 3d"

Skonk
03-17-2003, 06:42 AM
He didn't say he could afford a 1500 euro pc, he said that for 1500 euro's(the cost of lightwave) he could go out and buy the best posible pc. The pc he has is far from the best isn't it.

James..

paulfierlinger
03-17-2003, 06:55 AM
He also said that 1500 Euroes is cheap. That's pretty much $ 1,500. I am familiar with this attitude since I was forced to spend 20 years in a communist country myself. It's: Pitty me, I am poor, unlike you rich westerners -- don't you dare pitty us, we have the same as you do.

By now I have lost my sympathy for gase too.

Paul F.

mattclary
03-17-2003, 09:54 AM
His PC may not be the best, but it's pretty damn good for someone getting by on $1 a day.

gase3924
03-17-2003, 03:27 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
you all here understend me wrong
i just want to say that pc in macedonia is cheap
to buy like my computer is about 350-500$
here everything is cheap comparison with your countrys
but only LW is the same
that is the problem
i hope you understand me now
P.S for 1500 euros here in macedonia you can buy 2.7 giga Hz
1000ram with geeforce 4 with 128ram and disc spase of 100 gigas OR maybe a better configuration
regards GASE
sorry about the mistunderstunding i hope you forgive me:) :) :)

LSlugger
03-17-2003, 03:37 PM
He didn't say that 1,500 euros is cheap. He said, "computers are cheap here," and that 1,500 euros (the cost of LW) would buy a top-of-the-line computer. The $1 / day is his lunch money. I assume he's not yet graduated from high school.

I think we've pretty well established that LW (or Maya, 3ds, etc.) is not a realistic choice, at this time. Try one of the following:

Blender (http://www.blender.org/)
Wings 3D (http://www.wings3d.com/)
MilkShape (http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/)
POV-Ray (http://povray.org/)
OpenFX (http://openfx.org/news/index.php)

As colkai mentioned, you can also get TrueSpace 3.2 or Amapi 5.15 with recent issues of 3D World Magazine or Computer Arts.

MikeFrHoweTx
03-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Do the Liberals have a Trisomy 21 genetic defect that makes them believe in thieves, murderers, Hitler like dictators (Saddam Hussein), scams artist and hug spotted owls? I would like a Mercedes Benz, however Iím not posting in Germany for someone to find me a free one, so I drive my 1993 D150 work truck! This guy knows very well there are free 3d programs. He is giving a scam so donít believe a line of his story. Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------
Go George! Today Saddam, tomorrow Korea then the World!

Iím ashamed to be from the same state as the Dixie Chicks.

gase3924
03-18-2003, 01:54 AM
hey MikeFrHoweTx what is your problem
perhaps you are very stupid becouse there is very big different betwene Mercedes Benz and LW
i have never known that i can find free 3d programs to download

and LSlugger txanks a lot for your help:cool:

pawn707
04-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MikeFrHoweTx
Do the Liberals have a Trisomy 21 genetic defect that makes them believe in thieves, murderers, Hitler like dictators (Saddam Hussein), scams artist and hug spotted owls?

What the hell are you talking about? Owls? Liberals? Geeeez, back to reality my friend!

Matt
04-24-2003, 03:21 AM
why give the guy such a hard time? he could just go and find a pirate copy, but he hasn't.

Capt Lightwave
04-24-2003, 04:14 AM
Who knows ?

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3431

Matt
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
aaaahhhhhhhhhh!

busted!

:)

Hiraghm
04-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Forget who gase3924 is. There's no need for the insulting responses. I'm sure we can straighten him out without falling to the level of belittling him. If he's a con-artist, insults won't sway him. If he's truly innocent and naive, all he'll hear is a spew of hatred, and for that reason not listen, just pester some other innocent bystanders.

I think LSlugger had the best response.

gase3924
04-24-2003, 05:58 PM
hi to all of you people
i realy dont know what is wrong with you gays but this theard was 2 moths ago
Regards

mrunion
04-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Blender (http://www.blender.org) is what I started with. It WAS free, and now is FREE and OPEN SOURCE. You get CODE too! Also, go to http://www.elysiun.com. That is THE blender form to be on. While there search for "airman" by Landis. He did that with Blender.

Good luck to you.

private
04-24-2003, 11:05 PM
hi to all of you people
i realy dont know what is wrong with you gays but this theard was 2 moths ago
Regards

Big typo.

If it's not worth discussing, why didn't you say so somewhere in the thread. Who sold you a copy of Lightwave then? :rolleyes:

rabid pitbull
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
so how is it again that you have a copy of lightwave now??? thought it would take months to save for it? please stop helping this warezmonkey, he is so obvious.....:mad:

gase3924
04-25-2003, 10:34 AM
i have lend money frome frends and grand parenrs and...
so i collected the money and bought LW
and now i feel good i like LightWave a lot
Regards and thanks to everyone who helped me

MikeFrHoweTx
04-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi Gase
Nice to see you kept studying LW and entered the Newtek parish and family by purchasing a legal copy. We are all witnesses and mentors to Christ and morality (or Logical_Christianism for overly educated atheistic fools as I) and I must point out sin to others as to my own children and myself or I fail in the end. The wages of condoning sin goes from gluttony and itís associated diseases (needing fast and prayer) to condemning you and your children to the devilís path (such as the fools that approved of O.J. murdering 2 people) or adultery that can ruin your marriage.
Being once a poor American I also had to work for relatives at 12 years old for my oil painting love. Sorry to point out the fact you need to check your spelling, but theard S/B thread and gays S/B guys (Iím not gay) Good Luck and welcome aboard. Mike.

Iím ashamed the Dixie Chicks come from my state as they canít tell the difference from a Good Christian man from a demonic cult that love death, suicide and murdering children.

Hiraghm
04-26-2003, 10:44 AM
What demonic cult did the Dixie Chicks compare the President to this time?

kuroyume0161
04-26-2003, 06:18 PM
How are you an "atheistic fool" and a "mentor for Christ" simultaneously? Atheist, from the Greek, a (without) and theos (gods). An atheist, and yay I'm one, has no beliefs in gods, which usually precludes religious beliefs in general.

I don't think that gods exist, I don't think that any such person as Jesus existed (Christ (christos) is the Greek for "annointed one" - used by many of the Greek mystery cults around the time - Jesus was his supposed name; Jesus Christ means "Jesus, the annointed one")), surely don't think that any human was ever a 'son' of any god (maybe of a gun), morality is a primate social construct developed through evolutionary processes, rights are given by people (not any deity), and G.W.Bush might be a Good Christian, but he sucks as President of the United States.

Kuroyume

gase3924
04-26-2003, 08:10 PM
MikeFrHoweTx thanks for the welcome and for the mistakes :) :) :)
I am very happy with LW now
But i mast say that is realy very hard to learn it,but i will give my best:)
and i have another question
whitch book do i buy after i read the manuel???
thanks and regards
P.S sory if i make another mistakes

kuroyume0161
04-26-2003, 08:36 PM
"Iside LightWave 7" by Dan Ablan is a great book and will get you up to speed quickly.

I've also heard that "The LightWave 7.5 Primer" is pretty good.

Kuroyume

Aegis
04-28-2003, 03:06 AM
Hey Gase - Congratulations on getting your own copy of LightWave 3D - I guess the Discovery Edition I sent you gave you a taste for it eh?

Don't be shy - If you have any questions feel free to ask - there's plenty of 3D gurus here!