PDA

View Full Version : register your upgrade!!!!!!!

cresshead
02-25-2004, 04:11 AM
just to shout it out..you need to register your "upgrade 7.5 disc" with newtek to get the lightwave 8 and the freebie that's on offer...

there was no mention of this in the package that digital fusion upgrade box where you'll find th lightwave install discs as well as the fusion installer...

i got mine back in september 2003..and i've not installed fusion yet as i'm using combustion for the time being..so never looked at the lightwave discs..

also if your trying to register on newtek europe it says ou can input the id later....wrong!...it will not let you send the info until you have the hardware id entered..maybe they can adjust that form so it is clear that you MUST enter the id!

also note yu need to find your hardware lock number..from your old emails when you first got lghtwave up n running...if you cannot find em you ned to re install lightwave from the new discs to get the id number as there's nothing in a working lightwave install to tell you what the hardware id is....[great!]

lets' hope they add that feature into lw8!

jamesl
02-25-2004, 04:27 AM
huh? :confused:

cresshead
02-25-2004, 04:34 AM
huh to what!!!:D

..not installing fusion?
..not registering the upgrade install disc til today? [okay i'm a bit thick on that front but i already had lightwave 7.5 installed n working so didn't bother...until i heard of the free pressie i'd miss!]
..not being able to find the hardawre id number in modeler..which one video said you can do....[i couldn't find it!]
...for the form on newtek europe that doesn't work properly!

....still waiting for the email from newtek about the pressie!

steve g:(

Bytehawk
02-25-2004, 05:21 AM
I registered with NT europe,
sent them the new SN
and got the same activation code they gave me for LW7 ...

It would be good if somehow they confirmed by mail that you are on the list for LW8. Just to check if they left anybody out.

I emailed Ben about this btw.

cresshead
02-25-2004, 05:24 AM
Bytehawk have you recieved the email about the free pressie from newtek?

if not then your probably not on the list yet...i'll wait a day then email newtek europe and newtek mainsite to give 'em a nudge!

onevideo said they'd pass on my email address..we'll see!

stee g

BeeVee
02-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Please don't email us! I can just imagine the hundreds of messages we'll all receive saying "Where's my email?!" :)

As the original message said, we will let all our users know about the free bonus as and when it becomes available. Any users registered with us will receive at least what the American users, or those Europeans registered in America, got told about in Chuck's email.

B

DarkLight
02-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
Please don't email us! I can just imagine the hundreds of messages we'll all receive saying "Where's my email?!" :)

As the original message said, we will let all our users know about the free bonus as and when it becomes available. Any users registered with us will receive at least what the American users, or those Europeans registered in America, got told about in Chuck's email.

B

That's good news anyway :)

badllarma
02-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee

"Imagine", it was sent at about 6.30 am this morning :D
hopefully I was one of the first you got as I recievied a nice emal from Audrey Chambeaud.

Now lets all form a circle and hold hands and repeat after me "communication".
If both Newtek Europe and Newtek US had sent ther email at the same time no dout Audrey's inbox would have been a lot lighter this morning :)

jacross
02-25-2004, 11:02 AM
I didn't get a copy of LW 7.5c in my DFX+. I ordered back in October directly from Newtek's website... dunno if they stopped sending the 7.5c disc's then. So in my case there was never a new copy to register. I never thought anything of it. Any ideas on what my next course of action should be? Thanks.

mrunion
02-25-2004, 11:44 AM
jacross:

Did have LW already and order an upgrade? Here is what I think happens:

1) Have LW 7.0 or earlier. Order and Upgrade to LW and DFX+. Get LW 7.5 and DFX+.
2) Have LW 7.5. Order and Upgrade to LW and DFX+. Get DFX+. (Your LW 7.5 should already be registered in this case, right?)
3) Have NO copy of LW. Order FULL LW and DFX+. Get LW 7.5 and DFX+. You must register 7.5 in this case.

Obviously, check my answers with NewTek/reseller. I don't work for them.

phil lawson
02-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I found my new serial number on the DFX box beside the CD KEY for DFX. There was no serial etc on the lightwave 7.5 cd.

Again, I was one of those ones that didnt realise you had to re-register your new lightwave 7.5 as I already had 7.5. Sortta makes sense now that I think about it though. :)

Jees..can you imagine the hassel it would have been to find this out when [8] was released... there would be so many emails asking why they havent got [8] yet.

T-Light
02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Yup,

Only registered mine today too. I just presumed we'd all be on the list.

Mind you, After going through the online registration and not getting anywhere (Newtek Europe), I emailed them, then gave them a ring just in case.

Nice girl told me my product unlock code, so I could go through the online registration without having to re-install.

There's something about a french accent that made the whole process worth while. :)

anieves
02-25-2004, 01:16 PM
I assume this is only for UK and not US customers since there is no serial for LW in my DFX+ box...

I wish NT would shed some light on the subject once and for all.

Mark
02-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Cresshead, interesting you should mention this as I decided to check with Newtek Europe this am to find out whether, having purchased the upgrade in July, I was on the list to be rushed LW8 as soon as it becomes available. Not, apparently, if you haven't 'registered' the LW7.5 that came with the DFX bundle despite the fact that I already have a registered copy of 7.5 (from 7.0 upgrade). Not only were there no instructions to this effect in the box, neither was there a serial number on the jewel case!!!:confused:
I have, like you all, waited a lifetime, it seems, for this upgrade, only to find that serious negotiations are necessary at the eleventh (wishful thinking) hour. All this and DFX+ too.

Best wishes, Mark.

Jockomo
02-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Ok, now I am really confused.

If I already have lightwave 7.5c registered, and I bought the DFX+ deal upgrade, and I live in the U.S> .... I need to register it again to get 8.0?

I haven't gotten the email yet from NewTek, does that mean I am not on some list I should be?

I agree a post from newtek would be most helpful. In fact I wish the way they would handle stuff like this is:

1. make a post on the boards which includes the email that you plan to send out.

2. Send out the emails

hrgiger
02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
I haven't even installed my DFX yet and I got the email.

mouse_art
02-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I have installed dfx+ and registered 7.5c at (Newtek Europe).

haven't gotten this mail.

Ahhrrr ;)

But I found this(important for me hehe )

BeeVee:

Registered European users will receive the same free bonus. You will get an email from us soon.

B

cresshead
02-25-2004, 04:56 PM
.............at least i'm not the only one who hadn't registered their lightwave that came with dfx+...i don't feel so silly now!
and i really must install digital fusion!!!!.....soon!

cheers everyone!

steveg:)

xeno3d
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Im sooo confused!!!

All I received in my "Upgrade to LightWave 8 for $495 and get DFX+ plus modules 1 and 4 for FREE" deal was DFX+ with its own seperate dongle. I didnt get a 7.5 cd as I already have and have registered 7.0 What am I supposed to do????????

Chuck please clarify!!

cresshead
02-25-2004, 06:00 PM
i would suggest you email newtek support or call them....
when you do have your serial number handy and also the invoice when you upgraded to lightwave with fusion+ and the date of the transaction..you'll also need your dongle id code number handy as well...better to be prepared so that you don't have to call or email them twice...don't wait for newtek to call you...you need to sort this out "as soon as" seeing that lw8 is due ery soon and you wouldn't want to be at the back of a 30,000-70,000 long line of upgraders for lightwave 8!

xeno3d
02-25-2004, 06:13 PM
desperatly looking for my invoice for LW8 upgrade with DFX+......

sire
02-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by cresshead
also note yu need to find your hardware lock number..from your old emails when you first got lghtwave up n running...if you cannot find em you ned to re install lightwave from the new discs to get the id number as there's nothing in a working lightwave install to tell you what the hardware id is....[great!]

lets' hope they add that feature into lw8!

Here's how I just found out my hardware lock ID: I renamed the "license.key" file to "icence.key" and started Modeler, which then tells me the number. "licence.key" normally resides in the same directory as the LW exes (called "Programs").

A bit easier than a complete reinstall. :)

cresshead
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
that's a nice trick to use when you need your lock number!

xeno3d
02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
lol.. gotta call tomorrow anyway.. NewTek offices are closed hehe

Ive got my 7.0 Serial... and my Dongle ID.. but still no invoice from June... Wonder where I put it during the move...

cresshead
02-25-2004, 06:39 PM
i found my invoice in the digital fusion box...

you may not need the invoice, but if you can find it then it maybe helpful...it will tell you what date the transaction was so they can find it on their records faster and may have a invoice number they can work with too.

xeno3d
02-25-2004, 06:44 PM
damn.. damn.. damn.. damn.. nothing in the box.. nothing in the filing cabinet... I WILL find it :)

cresshead
02-25-2004, 06:58 PM
calm down!:D

you should be okay with your serial number and lock code number

TyVole
02-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I think they sent the e-mail to everyone who registered for the Siggraph videos.

I purchased the upgrade through Keyframe; and when I got it, I called Newtek asking if I should register the new serial number. They told me "no."

LFGabel
02-26-2004, 12:00 AM
What we really need is official word from someone *at* Newtek...

I'm not going to bother worring about it. I have DFX+, which was included with the 7.5 upgrade to 8... I've registered with Eyeon...
My LW7.5 is installed and registered.

Exper
02-26-2004, 04:22 AM
cresshead...
thanks for this Thread!

I received my own Lw7.5+DFX just yesterday...
and I'd never imagine the need of a new registeration! :mad:

Come on NT/NT Europe you should be more clear about these things!

Bye.

xeno3d
02-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Im with LFGabel on this one as well.. Got DFX installed and registered with Eyeon while my LightWave 7.0 is regeistered with NewTek because I didnt get a 7.5 cd with the order hence there is no new serial number to register..........

no email form newtek as of yet, i will call them today with my info and see if there is in fact something I need to register again :)

UPDATE:

I happened to actually look on the botom of my DFX+ box and there is a label that says:

Lightwave 8.0 Upgrade DFX+4/7.0+

(8.0) (CD-ROM) Serial # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will call and verify this today :)

js33
02-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Hmmm I looked at the bottom of my DFX box and it says Lightwave 7.5 Upgrade DFX+4/6.5 and 7.5 Serial# xxxxxxxxxxx

Mine says nothing about 8 even though that was what I ordered was the 8 upgrade but then again I got one of the early batches with a seperate parallel dongle for DFX.

Cheers,
JS

phil lawson
02-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Just gets weirder and weirder...

Got an email from Newtek Europe today thanking me for registering my LightWave 7 Duo serial (done this a year ago)...which turns out to be my old serial and not the new one that I give them. They also returned my original Windows Permanent License Key. I acctually registered my new lightwave 7.5 as the serial number is different.

Gonna give them an email now and see whats going on.

sire
02-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Phil, same story here. Strange.

Philipp
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Funny, I didn't install the new CD with LW 7.5, as I already had my original 7.0 working. Yesterday I registered at NT-Europe with the new serial and got a new permanent License key. The Lock ID is different than the old one too. So seams as everything worked fine here. I don't understand the new Lock ID, I thought it was dongle dependant?? I guess I'll wait and see.

br
philipp

xeno3d
02-26-2004, 08:17 PM
okay... I called NewTek today and told them the scoop

apparewntly I neglected to upodate newtek with my current email address and physical address which is why I didnt get the email about the free bonus. I checked the old account and it was there.. cooll!

The bottom of my box actually says 8.0 CDRom Serial # xxxxxxxxxxx

Customer servoce took this number and registered it as 7.5 and said your all set :)

GeorgeDittmar
02-26-2004, 10:21 PM
hi i just orderd lightwave today from newtek. when i get it i am should immediatly register all my stuff to get the free pressent?