PDA

View Full Version : Vender-Bot

Gluge
02-10-2003, 01:14 PM
The transform animation:
PepsiBot Transform (http://www.gluge.com/g_movies/VenderTrans.mov)
(mov)

Some Images:

Pepsi Machine (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_Machine.jpg)
Pepsi Transforming (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_1.jpg)
Pepsi Bot (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_2.jpg)

The lastest render... started the enviroment:
http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_9.jpg

Elmar Moelzer
02-10-2003, 02:12 PM
I dont understand nobody has replied to this one yet.
I think it is very cool!
The surfacing needs a bit of work though, riht now it looks more like a plastic- model, but maybe this is the look you are aiming for?
CU
Elmar

Aquaman
02-10-2003, 02:12 PM
This is simply Fantastic Gluge! It looks to be an animation nightmare.

cagey5
02-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Wow. That is brilliant. Hope to see more, and yes it looks like a nightmare to animate.

Skonk
02-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Holy crap that must of took some work to animate :) damn nice.

James..

Bytehawk
02-10-2003, 03:04 PM
how did you devise that ?
or did you cheat ?

eheupel
02-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Wow, must have taken alot of planning to get everything working right and to fit in the shell. I'm impressed.

Just one question...

Where do the drinks get stored?

adboy
02-10-2003, 04:17 PM
barrett this is another quality model man

tho to think these things up i think there must be drugs involved :)

paintboy
02-10-2003, 04:57 PM
tho to think these things up i think there must be drugs involved

not to mention a brain the size of a small car

Fugginamazin:eek:

oxyg3n
02-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Wow,

This is really cool, It reminds me of the transformers!

How did you go about planning how everything has going to fit in that little can?

bobakabob
02-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Good model and really well animated... quite creepy... nay, disturbing :)

Skonk
02-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I just cant imagine how uv managed to get all those parts folding and twisting like that without them crossing over and passing through each other, and iv looked quite close and i cant see anything like that happening, how long did it take u to animate it?

James..

Gluge
02-10-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm glad to hear no one saw any over lapping pieces, etc. !

I tried to make sure non did. 8*)

Let me tell ya... it's actualy very easy to animate, though it is about 70? or something pieces..

it was getting hard to model as I ended up having some 40 layers named, parented and with adjusted pivots in modeler.

It did take some 8 hours or more to take the object and get it all figured out and animated in Layout...

he's actualy still got one more arm to add... with a big Buzz Saw on it.. 8*) I just got too tired the night I was setting it up to add it... and haven't wanted to mess with it since 8*)

Next... gotta texture the machine like a pepsi machine... and yea.. I think the robot could use some better texturing... not sure if I dare try to use image maps on him tho! 8*)

then I'm gonna take the same machine... texture it as a coke machine...

make a BIG gun for the bot to wip out... (with all 3 of his hands)
and have him blow away the coke machine in a glorious display of FX's 8*) cans flying every which way hehe..

at least that's the plan... gotta figure out a setting for it as well.. perhaps some futuristic space-cordor? 8*)

THANKS!

Skonk
02-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Cant wait to see it when its all done :)

Russel
02-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Very nice... what light settings did ya use?

MorituriMax
02-10-2003, 07:58 PM
That is a-frikkin numero uno cool!

Kind of what happens when Pepsi and Microsoft join forces.

JDaniel
02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey! I need one of those.

Celshader
02-10-2003, 11:00 PM
COOL! :eek:

Gluge
02-10-2003, 11:23 PM
This is encouraging me very much to finnish him 8*)

The light set up is all spot lights with shadow maps,

3 Key Lights @ 50%, slightly yellow, above and to the left.
3 Back Lights @ 80%, slightly bluish, behind him and to the right.
4 Fill Lights @20% spread across the floor pointing up and toward him.

This is just for quickly lighting him... hopefully soon I'll have an enviroment with different (though maybe similar) lighting...
I do like this test lighting...

I pretty much always use spots with shadow maps in most my stuff.

hope that helps ya out some 8*)

luka
02-11-2003, 02:08 AM
wow:eek: wow
now that is what I call a rig.

Flak
02-11-2003, 02:24 AM
If a vending machine did that to me I'd either (depending on size) kick it over or run like hell... lol

riki
02-11-2003, 02:43 AM
Definately worth the 5 star rating. It looks like you have lots of other test animations, ie http://www.gluge.com/g_movies/ will take a peek when I get a chance.

Best

r

loebek
02-11-2003, 05:28 AM
amazing cool!

anieves
02-11-2003, 09:54 AM
WOW! very nice. My only suggestion is to relax the finguers of the left leg while it is up and then extend them at contact with the floor. I understand it is still under development tho.

White Knight
02-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Gluge you bastard!

*kicks ya in the rear* ;o)

Jaffro
02-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Fantastic! Really great animation skill you got there, very well weighted. All looking great, cant wait to see the finished animation!

Matt
02-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Gluge did you do a showreel that had a thin atmosphere jet and weird roulette table on it?

If so you've got some mad skillz going on there!!! I only wish I was that good! Second to none animation skills!

:)

Matt
02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
loebek just spotted your avatar - lol!!! :D

Schwing
02-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Interesting. Looks like a true "Janitor in a Drum." I'm having Bugs Bunny cartoon flashbacks. I can just see this thing chasing that pesky wabbit. :)

Capt Lightwave
02-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Damn it, he looks so cool...

Great work. Now show us more ;)

TBJ

tnyplz
02-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Looks Awesome!
couldn't stop watching it over and over.
Thanks
Tony

roguenroll
02-13-2003, 01:02 AM
yep thats some amazing stuff, demo reel worth a look.

:D

Gluge
02-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Yea, I'm pretty happy with the demo reel up to the point where it turns to stills 8*)

just gotta find the time to get the rest of the scenes set up nice and have time to render them as animations... I was planning on fixing it all up shortly but... (crosses fingers) I do believe I have an interview and hope I won't need to be working on the reel anymore 8*)

(tho for fun.. I should go back someday... hehe)

THIS PEPSI BOT IS DRIVING ME NUTS 8*)

I hear by take back everything I said about it being easy to animate... sure, it was easy to go though and hammer out those keyframes for the most part... but I got ONE more arm on the left side with a BIG ol' Buzz Saw and it's refusing to come along nicely...

not to mention trying to get this bad-boy to Motion Mix... ugh 8*)

Anyway... hopefully I'll have something soon... gotta make a room too...

groodwanderer
02-14-2003, 01:52 AM
HOLY SH*T!!! HOLY S#!T!!! HOLY S#!T!!!:eek: :eek:

oxyg3n
02-15-2003, 12:23 AM
Hello Barret,

I like your demo real also, especially the orage ship, that is so cool. I went to Cogswell Polytech today to check it out and they have renders of your work up in the hall. I said to my guide "Hey, I have seen those before!" He said oh really, that guy was one of my old roommates. It sure is a small world.

Gluge
02-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Must have been Drew, he works there now. Yea I got a little show going down the hall, I think they have my demo reel on VHS to play in the front room... They were kinda hurting for new 3D stuff and a bunch of my stuff had never been shown cuz I've done so much out of class 8*)

I am a senor there finnishing up.

hrgiger
02-15-2003, 06:16 PM
wow, I just watched that finally. That looks really cool. Yeah, I definately feel the surfacing could use some work but the transformation looks really good.

BOLL
02-16-2003, 03:08 PM
O love theese kind of mechanic animations :D You have got the shapes very nice! Reminds me of that first xbox movie with the giant robot and the girl steering it :D

Great work!

minus
02-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Great Work! -- Can you post a wire-frame? :)

Gluge
02-18-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by BOLL
O love theese kind of mechanic animations :D You have got the shapes very nice! Reminds me of that first xbox movie with the giant robot and the girl steering it :D

Great work!

Thanks!, ironicly enough, I just got back from an interview at Blur Studios... who made that X-box movie with the giant robot, etc...

I'll be starting there in a month or two... whoooo ho 8*) frist real job... 8*))))) very very happy and excited.

.. I'll get a wireframe 8*)

oxyg3n
02-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Congratulations on the job!!!

What will you be doing for them??

Gluge
02-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Modeling, though I hope to do other areas as well, and it sounds like it will be a future possibility. 8*)

It's not Lightwave (it's max) but it's cool.... good reason to still do some personaly stuff, so I can use LW some 8*) hehehe

BOLL
02-18-2003, 05:51 AM
*congrats*

I hope you get time to finish The_Vender_Project :)

loebek
02-18-2003, 07:40 AM
OMG blur.com?
AWESOM!

Do they work with LW? Or can you learn a other software?
How did you apply? Demoreel? What kind of education/school do you have?

I think i go to www.vfs.com

by
loebek

Capel
02-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Wow, very cool. The only thing i would say is that the animation looks a little jerky. But he is a robot, i guess. Nice work.

Match-Boy
03-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Absolutely incredible!!!

The way he is tucked in perfectly in the can and all the parts unfold. Beautiful man. A joy to flip through frame by frame. Can't wait for more.

M

Russel
03-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Congratulations on the new job!
I also see that Cogswell College is using your model in their ad in Animation Magazine (april 2003, pg. 85).
Best wishes on your new endeavors!

riki
03-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi loebek love your avatar :-)

loebek
03-04-2003, 04:04 AM
Thank you Riki.
And what do you think about the war?
Most of the europeans here are against it.

ps:I like your tutorial site. plain and simple!

sorry, this post is off topic....

loebek
zureich (to rich) switzerland

clear link (http://www.lightwavers.net/img/pic_thelink.jpg)

ChandlerL
03-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Loebek...

Reason #1: Saddam broke multiple articles of the U.N. Resolution and continues to do so. <-- Some may think this is reason enough. (Incidentally, I always wonder if the civilians that are against the war have actually READ the U.N. Resolutions-- or do they just watch television for their opinions? All the anti-war Americans I've asked [about 100] have told me they haven't read the resolutions or cease-fire agreement. I'm not assuming that you haven't Loebek, I just wanted to point that out)

Reason #2: It is not the job of the weapons inspectors to disarm Saddam. It is the job of Saddam to prove to the weapons inspectors he has disarmed. (This is outlined clearly in the U.N. Resolutions). Saddam hasn't done so. <-- Some may think this is reason enough.

Reason #3: It is common fact that Saddam Hussein has used WMDs on his own people. <-- Some may think this is reason enough.

Reason #4: Saddam Hussein has links to Al-Qaeda. (In April 2001, Saddam's most decorated intelligence officer met with Mohamed Atta in Prague.. This would be about 5 months prior to Mr. Atta flying a jet airliner into the World Trade Center) <-- Some may think this is reason enough.

Reason #5: Saddam has continually defied the cease-fire agreement in regards to the no-fly zone. Our aircraft are constantly fired upon by Saddam's military installations. <-- Some may think this is reason enough.

Observation #1: You said most of Europe is against the war? I'm confused. Last time I checked (today) we have 18 European countries for the war and 4 against.

Observation #2: "In 1991 Saddam killed 500,000 people when they rose against him. Nobody demonstrated against him then. But now that the United States wants to get rid of the dictator, people are demonstrating against it." - quote from an Iraqi freedom campaign soldier training in Hungary.

Observation #3: France, the most vocal anti-war country, imports the majority of its oil from? Yep, you guessed it! Iraq. Wanna talk anti-war motive? *chuckle* Food for thought.

Observation #4: If the United States did, indeed, want Iraq's oil as the anti-war protestors proclaim, why didn't we take it back in 1991? How about Kuwait's oil? Why didn't we take Kuwaits?

Observation #5: Saddam's regime promises $50,000 to the family of any Muslim who dies while taking up arms in Jihad against the enemies of Islam. Hmm... What accounting column does this fall under? Medical benefits or travel and entertainment expenses?

Observation #6: Today papers in the U.K. have reported, quote, "If war comes to Iraq, the Kurds of Kifri will be right in the line of fire. Iraqi officials have threatened that the moment the first American bomb lands, they will reply with a chemical assault on the town." Now this begs a question. If Saddam doesn't have Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), how is this possible?

Observation #7: It appears that over the last 2 days, Saddam is destroying a portion of the missiles he swore he didn't have... *sigh*

Observation #8: Stalin killed 20 million of his own people, historians have concluded. Even on a proportional basis, his crimes far surpass Mr. Hussein's, but figures of a million dead Iraqis, in war and through terror, may not be far from the mark, in a country of only 22 million people.

Incidental Observation: Did you know that Saddam's created a "return to faith" campaign? Aimed at bolstering his support across the Islamic world, the campaign led early on to a ban on drinking alcohol in public. Then, some time in the last two years, it widened to include the public killing of accused prostitutes.

Often, the executions have been carried out by the Fedayeen Saddam, a paramilitary group headed by Mr. Hussein's oldest son, 38-year-old Uday. These men, masked and clad in black, make the women kneel in busy city squares, along crowded sidewalks, or in neighborhood plots, then behead them with swords. The families of some victims have claimed they were innocent of any crime save that of criticizing Mr. Hussein.

Final note: I've said my peace concerning your image sig. Look at the bright side-- If your image sig was meant to constructively provoke, it did. I bear you no ill will and will say no more on the subject. (don't want to start a continued thread). Unlike Saddam, I believe you have the right to free speech, even if it makes my job difficult and I may die protecting those rights. Back to CGI.

-Chan
(Major, USMC Reserve)

Rory_L
03-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Hello ChandlerL,

Most of the europeans here are against it.
Did Loebek say "I"? This is something close to your heart, obviously, but I think you may be jumping the gun a bit, if you`ll forgive the expression. :)

R

loebek
03-05-2003, 08:37 AM
I will accept your reasons, and I think this man is dangerous and has to be disarmed, but honestly I dont think there exist ONE reason on this planet to kill people.

The only one who is in power to give and take life is god.

If someone likes to talk further about war or not I think this board is not the right place. (Suggestions?)

When I say most europeans are against it, I did not mean most european Governments.

Actualy Im the dumbass, because I started it with my Avatar........smack me.

bye
tlz

zapper1998
03-05-2003, 10:51 AM
wow awesome animation

i would love to to the scene file on that robot so i could learn how you did all that

that is one killer animation great job on the bot looks pretty dang realistic

ChandlerL
03-05-2003, 01:42 PM
> Did Loebek say "I"? This is something close to your heart, obviously, but I think you may be jumping the gun a bit, if you`ll forgive the expression.

Good point. I guess I assumed he was against the war given the avatar picture under his username.

ChandlerL
03-05-2003, 01:45 PM
That has to be one of the tightest animations I've ever seen. It just looks extraordinarily complex.

Makes me want to stop _attempting_ to create CGI completely. :)

ChandlerL
03-05-2003, 01:56 PM
> The only one who is in power to give and take life is god.

Y'know? I wished the same thing many times while flying over Afghanistan (I was taking pictures) dodging small arms fire. That would be great, wouldn't it? Imagine if noone really did have the power to take life. Punches and kicks missed, bullets bounced off, bombs no longer exploded, fire no longer burned, chemical and biological weapons had no effect... May be someday.

ChandlerL
03-05-2003, 01:58 PM
> i would love to to the scene file on that robot so i could learn how you did all that

I'd love to as well, but I think my pea-sized brain would explode.

Gluge
03-05-2003, 08:17 PM
I haven't done too much too it, but added a bit of texturing etc...

Transform Animation (http://www.gluge.com/g_movies/VenderTrans.mov)
(same one posted as before, in case you missed it.)

New images:
Pepsi Machine (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_Machine.jpg)
Transforming (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_1.jpg)
Pepsi Bot (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_2.jpg)

I know it still has a ways to go... I gotta clean up the textures a bit.. but I think that scratched up metal pannel is done, unless ppl have suggestions for it..

I'm not sure what to do about the actual robot texturing tho.. I was thinking just texture some of the gears and cylinders and leave the big peices as is... well and of course texture those big weapons... what do ya think?

pepsi machine lit pannels and buttons could probably do with some more luminosity too it looks like... hmmm...

Oh yea, I I need to do something with that red eye... probably just some glow, etc. etc.

Sound good? any other suggestions, etc. etc.???

thx.

ChandlerL
03-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I like the branding... Shows the marketing potential of what you've created.

mrsclean
03-06-2003, 03:25 PM
moving the off-topic conversation (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1486)

if anyone feels the need to continue the off-topic part of this thread, please consider this link.

Gluge
03-06-2003, 06:51 PM
quick post.............
started the enviroment.

http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_9.jpg

riki
03-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Wow Gluge that's looking really special, one for the newtek gallery. PS when it's done can you post some wallpaper. I'm putting in my request now for some 1152 x 870 :-)

Oh damn did I start the war debate in your thread? Sorry man. I known that topic is touching a on a lot of raw nerves, seen it creeping up in various threads on other CG sites.

Personally myself I think Saddam and his party has to go. He mightlook like a loveable antihero on TV but keep in mind that this guy kills and tortures people. But I think the Saddam/Disarm thing is just a diplomatic pretext. Even if Iraq disarms you can't walk away and leave SH in power. The true objective here is regime change. Personally I don't understand why the US dosen't put together an extraction team and send him to the Hague, there's no need to blanket bomb the whole country. That's not going to make anyone feel safer. There's a quote from the Godfather that I like "don't forget even your weekest enemy can still hurt you!"

Gluge
03-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks, will do on the wall papper 8*)

don't you love it when the renders start coming out better than expected? 8*)

Gluge
03-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Enviroment is done.... I think if I add too much more it will get too busy...

gun is pretty much done too... gonna tweek the texturing a bit..

here's a nice big res render:

PepsiBot 14 (http://www.gluge.com/g_images/PepsiBot_14.jpg)

not quite your wall papper size, but it's not quite done either hehehe

what do ya think?

BTW, think some admin should move my thread to the WIP section? I don't know... this wasn't the finnished section when I started it.. lol

thx.

riki
03-10-2003, 02:06 AM
yeah looks awesome man, comes very close to filling my screen

WilliamVaughan
03-21-2003, 08:53 AM
LW gallery material!

aeroplane
03-23-2003, 01:32 AM
That's nice!

Epita
03-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Wow, that is good. I dont have the bandwith to look at the movies, but the model is amazing. Good luck with anything that gets done with it!

Epita

fade2black
03-24-2003, 02:31 AM
hey Gluge, wished to post before...

sweet!! :-)

great work

byez,

Cesare DeRossi
---------------------------------
Modeling, Texture TD @ Animantis
w w w . a n i m a n t i s . c o m