PDA

View Full Version : Is it possable to use F-prime for vids?

nerdyguy227
02-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Would it be possable to have worley's new plug-in render videos?

Thanks!!!

hrgiger
02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
You should email Worley and ask them. Nobody here knows anything.

nerdyguy227
02-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I'll try that

MorituriMax
03-03-2004, 04:17 AM
well carm3d says 2 nulls are better than a free copy of fprime, so it must not be that hot.. grin

samartin
03-03-2004, 04:40 AM
I've been following all these F-Prime threads for a while now and have been biting my lip. Why all this speculation ??? It seems to me this tool is just a preview tool, you can then bang out an F-Prime render to show a client, if they like, you render properly...

This is gonna be an awesome tool if you can knock out a scene in 25%-75% of the original time, but with all this speculation people just want more and more and then they become dis-heartened when it doesn't do all the stuff which people speculate about...

Sorry my rant is over but when it comes to trying the demo out I'm sure most people will think feck F9 does suck. Sorry I had to speculate there...

Qexit
03-03-2004, 05:55 AM
What makes you think there will be a demo version of FPrime ? With the exception of SasLite, which is included in LW of course, Worley have never released demo versions of their products.

samartin
03-03-2004, 06:09 AM
True, there may not be a demo but a time limited demo would be nice, as speaking for myself, I could try it out and if it does suit my purposes then hell I would buy it in an instant. SasLite does it for me cos' I generally don't use hair for the work I do, therefore I know I don't need SasQuatch...

But regardless I just have to say I find it quite pointless guessing what is gonna be included in F-Prime, the videos I've seen have been mind blowing and I am just happy to see new ones as and when they are released...

Miles
03-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Did we not have DV output of an F9 rendered frame in LW7.5c, so could it also be that FPrime might allow for DV output?

It would be nice to give a person you don't really want hanging over you while you work the option to sit in front of a good size monitor/TV that's showing FPrime's output via DV as you work with them.

smh
03-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Great idea Miles.

BeeVee
03-03-2004, 09:27 AM
A great idea indeed for some LightWave users. Unfortunately, at the present time the DV View output option in rendering options does not work for PAL users.

B

badllarma
03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
A great idea indeed for some LightWave users. Unfortunately, at the present time the DV View output option in rendering options does not work for PAL users.

B
Are well that is good to know, glad I never tried it then :D

wacom
03-03-2004, 10:16 AM
It seems to me that it WILL do vids- or a series of stills. I say this since the newest video is focused on animation...

Yet this is still pure speculation...

jds580s
03-03-2004, 10:34 AM
If Worley incorporates something like output to DV that would push me over the edge, I'd have to get it.

Justin

MorituriMax
03-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by samartin
I've been following all these F-Prime threads for a while now and have been biting my lip. Why all this speculation ??? It seems to me this tool is just a preview tool, you can then bang out an F-Prime render to show a client, if they like, you render properly...

There is all this speculation because most of us don't know if it IS just a preview replacement. Until Worley posts the complete feature list we're just going by what we see in the videos.. neither you nor I know any more than that till then.

Have a good one..