PDA

View Full Version : modeler zoom issue

marc007
02-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I have loaded into modeler a dxf file successfully but the scale of the object is very large like 500m long, it has loaded at the right scale but I can't seem to zoom in on it any more than it is. I can zoom out fine but the only way to get a closer look at the object is to Size it up which i dont want to do as it is a building plan and I want to keep it to the right scale.

How do I make modeler let me view it closer?
I might be missing something simple here but ive tried everything.
Or is this a bug?

david_B
02-24-2004, 09:00 PM
There will be those that disagree with me, but in 3d I consider size to only become relative when creating objects in relation to one another. A building by itself may be 1 metre or 1km. As long as everything else is in proportion, actual size is irrelevant.

Anyhow, unless your grid is already at 200um, I don't know why you can't zoom in. You could try saving the file off into .lwo format and seeing if that helps.

Otherwise, numerically size up the object (multiplications of 100 to make it easy), make your changes and then size it back down... ie: size it up 1000%, then size it down to 10%.

It's a work around, but if there is a bug, just avoid it.

Kurtis
02-25-2004, 06:51 AM
marc007,

There are a number of ways to zoom-in in Modeler.

Left-click and drag on the magnifying glass icon at the top-right of each viewport.
Display>Viewports>Magnify (keyboard shorcut Ctrl+e)
Display>Viewports>Zoom (keyboard shorcut Ctrl+z)
Display>Viewports>Fit All (keyboard shorcut a)
Display>Viewports>Fit Selected (keyboard shorcut A)
Display>Viewports>Zoom In (keyboard shorcut .)
Display>Viewports>Zoom In x2 (keyboard shorcut >)

Which method are you having difficulty with?

marc007
02-25-2004, 06:41 PM
thanks for the suggestions,
I found a workaround to this little bug, by opening modeler then creating a small 3m sphere, zooming in on it then loading my massive dxf. Thus allowing me to view my model up close, otherwise the bug still seems to exist if loading the big dxf first.