PDA

View Full Version : HI I'm new :)

UEI
03-13-2003, 02:22 PM
What up everyone!?
I'm new to lightwave3d! Just seein what the site is like. I just want to know, if anyone can give me advise for starting off in the Lightwave3D world? I would like to get started on a few projects I have in mind but I dont know where to start. I dont draw that well either but I have an idea what I wan them to look like. Can anyone help me? ??? :confused:

Skonk
03-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi there, welcome to forums :)

Well id recommend reading some tutorials, http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/ is one of the best lightwave tutes sites arouned, and u'll also find a large selection on this site (www.lightwave3d.com) so go take a look :)

James..

UEI
03-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey thanx!
What advise can you give me personally about Lightwave? Like experiences, stuff I should know? What you've done? Hey I'd like to see some of your works as well :)

Skonk
03-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Iv not done anything really worth showing :) tho iv used lightwave for ages. But check out the gallery forums (finnished and wip) and also check out the gallery on the main site, it should give u an idea of what ppl are doing in lw.

All i can say really is that it takes time to learn the software well but a little bit of creativity can go a long way, start simple, dont try to go in too deep too soon. The other thing is, if u have any problems then post them here and ppl will be more than glad to help :)

James..

UEI
03-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanx lots man :)

Rory_L
03-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Hello UEI and welcome!

James is right; ask here and you`ll get answers. Just do yourself a favour and check in the manual first and do keyword searches on this forum and on the old one at:-

http://www.newtek.com/community/discus/nest.html

or get ready to duck for cover! :D

I`d also recommend reading one of the companion books, like Dan Ablan`s Inside LW. They`re better written than the manual and don`t assume you`re a CG guru from word go!

Good luck,

R