PDA

View Full Version : Can You fix a curropted model?

malikai666
02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Okay so I got an error wich said error line 19

invalid reference object.
so someone told me that my file got corrupted, how I have no clue since yesterday It rendered the scene fine and today its crahing all over the place.
all I did was go home and sleep and came back(okay ill stop venting)
but seriously is there a way to fix the model?

claw
02-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Sounds like the motion designer meta plugin bug. I don't think its your object that's corrupted.

malikai666
02-25-2004, 09:56 AM
so is there anything I can do to fix it?

claw
02-25-2004, 01:18 PM
No, that plug doesn't work on mac, haven't since LW 6.

Triple G
02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you had a reference object for a texture, or a goal object or something that somehow got deleted from your scene file....if something else within the scene is referencing this deleted item, that may be causing the problem. Just a guess.

This is assuming that it's Layout which is giving you this error message. If that's the case, you should be able to open a copy of your scene file in a text editor (make sure you do any edits on a COPY, not the original!), find the offending reference object or whatever it is, and delete it.

If you're getting this error from Modeler...well...unless you can read binary code and know how to fix it, I'm afraid you're out of luck. All I can suggest is to go back to an earlier version of the object you have saved, and re-make any changes you made since then.

malikai666
02-26-2004, 09:52 AM
yeah its a modeler thing but thanks for trying to help, unfortunetly I dont have another copy of the object so all in all at least it was a learning experience.
still sucks though.

moubctez
02-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Can you try to remove all plug-ins from the Modeler and read the object again?

If this does not work, can you give me access to that file? (unless, of course, the file size is zero)

malikai666
02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
okay the good news is it was a texture issue and once I changed the textures on some objects it seems to be okay. the weird thing is that the textures were all presets that came with lightwave and had no outside reflections maps or anything else. but thanks for the imput.

Triple G
02-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Did you have your content directory set to where these reflection maps were? Did you change your content directory at any time while working on the object?

Glad to hear you got it worked out, btw. :)

malikai666
02-26-2004, 03:17 PM
yeah nothing was changed, it worked fine one night and then the next night it got screwy and all i did was shut it down and restart it the next day.
Im just happy I was able to save it.

moubctez
02-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Was the texture referencing another object (e.g. Gradient -> Distance To Object)?

malikai666
02-27-2004, 09:57 AM
nope nothing, it was actually just a simple blue texture