PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paul...any news on a new patch soon?

MediaSig
02-24-2004, 10:02 AM
...just curious what goodies we might be seeing soon.

Any idea of when the next patch might be out?

Thanks,
Greg

steveg
03-02-2004, 01:56 PM
A month or two ago Paul said the next patch was in final testing. He just forgot to say which year it would be ready for us.

RomainR
03-02-2004, 03:12 PM
I forget which thread it was but not too long ago a post was made saying a release candidate was undergoing final testing stages and that a new patch should see the day sometime soon.

MediaSig
03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
....and now or some speculation...

I'm not sure of any huge fixes that we are expecting to see in this patch (other than some issues which may not see the light of day until the next version - NDF timecode, EDL Export, Etc.)
...but I wonder if we'll see any new advancements in the VT3 software...NAB is coming up soon and I's think NewTek might be looking to push a solid version of VT3 (yes it IS already solid) on the marketplace instead of a FUTURE VT4.

I hope we'll see some new features and requests in this patch.

...we'll have to wait and see! ;)

Greg

mgrusin
03-03-2004, 10:41 AM
I can appreciate Newtek staying mum on the exact features in the patch. These patches fix a bunch of bugs. Some are solved, and others are more slippery. The patch needs to get out ASAP to fix the solved ones, but it would be nice to wait just a little longer to include those slippery ones that are really close to being solved. Therefore they can't be 100% sure exactly what fixes are staying in until they make the executive decision to release the patch.

Having said that, I've had a few offline discussions with these guys, and I'm sure we'll see some substantial improvments. Whether they've gotten to your personal bug or not (we all have one) is TBD.

"Software is never finished - it just escapes".

-MG.

Paul Lara
03-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Yes, there are new features in Update 3, a couple of which are 'returning features' requested by the users. ;)

It's been running solidly, so look for it to be posted this week!

Paul (back from Showbiz Expo, NY) Lara

RomainR
03-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Thank you for the heads up Paul,

Any hints as to what are the returning features?
:D :D

bradl
03-08-2004, 09:55 AM
I know two of my 'personal bugs' are reported to be fixed! One of them is a major major item talked about on and on when VT3 first came out. I won't say more out of respect for the process, but I am pretty excited.

MediaSig
03-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Great news, Paul!

Can't wait to see it!

Greg